Complaint Review: American sweepstakes direct

• Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By: Dat — Tucson Arizona United States of America
American sweepstakes direct
various New York, New York United States of America

American sweepstakes direct Travis Woods,Mike Thomas,Mike Miller,James Garity,Amy Baker Told me I won $478,000 and need to wire money to Tiffany Richardson in New York,so I wired $2400. After they told me it was on the way, then told me I owe taxes of $1500.00 1% from the customs Man Jam New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Sorry....but you were scammed.

*Consumer Comment: FOOL YOU NEVER SEND CASH TO GET CASH, IT"S ILLEGAL, YOUR MONEY IS GONE

I received a Call from Travis Woods, stating I won $478,000. I called Mike Thomas and gave my security code.  I then need to send off $2400.00 to Tiffany Robertson in New York. That my check was on its way.  Then I got a call from  Mike Miller who was suppose to be the delivery express man, he said the funds were being held by James Garity a Customs Federal Agent till I paid the Federal and State Taxes of 1% for now. First he said I owe $1990, when I said I couldn't pay it, Travis woods called back and said they made a mistake its now $1500 owed before I get my check.  They want me to send the money to Amy Baker at 2521 Main St. New York via Wired Money.  Which I have not done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-sweepstakes-direct/New-York-New-York-/American-sweepstakes-direct-Travis-WoodsMike-ThomasMike-MillerJames-GarityAmy-Baker-T-741533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American sweepstakes direct

Sorry....but you were scammed.

AUTHOR: VinnyZ66 - (USA)

This was a scam from the outset. You did not win anything. Your $2400 is gone.

Chalk it up to experience.

FOOL YOU NEVER SEND CASH TO GET CASH, IT"S ILLEGAL, YOUR MONEY IS GONE

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Don't be scammed anymore Ask your bank if they can retreive that cash some FOOL spent.