- Report: #814437
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Traffic Solutions
American Traffic Solutions7681 East Gray Rd Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
American Traffic Solutions Unauthorized billing Scottsdale, Arizona
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I had rented a car from Hertz Rent-a-Car this past summer (2011).
Apparently this was a charge for either a traffic violation or missed toll. However, I had not received any notice of violations from either the state of Illinois or from Hertz. Regardless, I use my personal IPAS device, anyway. My IPAS account showed no missed tolls and I had no violations with the Hertz rental car.
The car had a "Plate Pass" device (IPAS in Illinois) mounted to the windshield via a metal box. Hertz neglected to explain that you have to pull it out of the box in order for the device to be active.
Perhaps my wife had gone through a toll gate somewhere thinking the charge would be added to our car rental bill ?
This is wrong, at least for the following basic reasons:
1) It turns out that Hertz provides "ATS" with your credit card information. Apparently, you "authorize" this action based on fine print in the rental contract you sign.
2) We received no notice specifying the nature of any violation.
3) ATS apparently adds a "service charge" of an unspecified amount on top of the charge for violation. You don't know the amount of the violation, nor the Svc Chrg amount.
The bottom line is that this practice takes advantage of unwitting rental drivers.
We are disputing the charge and warn all readers of this report to get full disclosure of such information before taking a rental car on the road.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Traffic-Solutions/Scottsdale-Arizona-/American-Traffic-Solutions-Unauthorized-billing-Scottsdale-Arizona-814437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.