Complaint Review: American Truck Group LLC

• Reported By: Armando — Guilderland New York
American Truck Group LLC
9140 Canal Road Gulfport, Mississippi USA

American Truck Group LLC Hoodwink, betrayed, led astray Gulfport Mississippi

In the middle of May 2014, I contacted American Truck to lease later buy a commercial truck. I am a truck driver with less that 2 years driving in this country, but I have over 20 years driving experience. This company took advantage that I believed in what they showed in the internet of freight trucks available. They asked for a 500.00 deposit and sent out the papers for me to sign. My wife did a search on this company and found that they practice the bait and switch tactic to get you interested but at the end the trucks you saw on line were never available. After a few tries trying to get a truck, we decided to cancel all dealing with them. When we asked for the 500.00 to be returned, they said it was not refundable. There contract makes no reference to that fact, so we are now disputing the charges.  I don't know if we will get anywhere with them, but please beware of the switch and bait tatics they use to get you caught up with what is certainly and illusion to be your own owner operator.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2014 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Truck-Group-LLC/Gulfport-Mississippi-39503/American-Truck-Group-LLC-Hoodwink-betrayed-led-astray-Gulfport-Mississippi-1156245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Truck Group LLC