Complaint Review: Americandreamhomeimprovement

• Updated: Thu, August 07, 2014

• Reported By: Ele — Racine Wisconsin
Americandreamhomeimprovement
150 Sunnyslope Blvd Suite 108 Brookfield, WI USA

Americandreamhomeimprovement Was a nightmare from the start and totally unsatisfactory! Brookfield Wi

I was given an estimate for a new roof by a door to door sales co. They saturated the neighborhood. I was told I would get a high quality roof by a platinum contractor and crew. Nothing could be further from the truth. I went out of town to a funeral, to come home and find shingles on front lawn, I called them and next day a service rep came by and I explained I had not ok'd the project (Gilbert). He promised me they would be picked up the next day, and he said he didn't understand what the sales dept. was doing because had other similar calls. To my horror, I woke up the next am to loud noises and after a minute figured out it was coming from the roof.....I ran outside in pjs to find (((Redated))) tearing off my roof! I demanded they stop, but took a while since supposedly no one spoke English. The co. Was not open so we all waited for them to call. Finally they called and I told them I had not authorized the work. They had to repair what was torn off w/ the new black shingles while the old ones were still green. I then took quite a while to come to some sort of agreement, as I was sort of stuck with my roof already torn up. 2 months later, after my grass had died, they came to install. Again no one spoke English, and this was a different group of workers. The contractor (Joe 847-845-2236) called to confirm the job before hand, but was not on site ever during the job. I had expressed to him my concern about all my perennials around the house, and he assured me they would be very careful, and would settle later, if any problems. Never saw or heard from him since. I think they were rushing to finish the same day, and I didn't get to talk to anyone to ok work. After looking at the roof a couple times, I knew it just wasn't right at all! On the angles of the roof, there is no rhyme or reason to how they were laid, no pattern, no metal strips, just haphazardly laid with nails showing everywhere on shingles and thru edges off sides with too much hanging off roof all the way around..first time a big wind comes, will get right under shingles and lift. Edges around windows not finished, looks terrible!! The fans are sticking up a lot taller on roof than before, and tar was used everywhere around them....why any used at all? I've been trying to reach customer service at 877-266-8666, option 4, but no one ever answers. Machine says will be in touch within 48 hours.......we'll that doesn't happen. I would appreciate any help and getting shingles relaid properly by someone who does do quality work. I think I need a real roofer to come out and document what they see. I think because I am A single female....won't know the difference. I can tell you, I am positive I could have done better myself!!! Help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americandreamhomeimprovement/Brookfield-WI-53005/Americandreamhomeimprovement-Was-a-nightmare-from-the-start-and-totally-unsatisfactory-B-1168098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americandreamhomeimprovement