Complaint Review: America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

• Submitted: Sat, June 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 21, 2008

• Reported By:Joplin Missouri
America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2639 E. 32nd St. Joplin, Missouri U.S.A.
  • Phone: 417-659-9494
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Bad service Joplin Missouri

Had an eye exam on April 19, 2008, and ordered 2 pair of glasses (regular and sunglasses). I told them I needed prisms in my glasses because of an alignment problem and they didn't believe me. They said my glasses were indicated as express delivery (5 business days). It took 2 weeks (May 2) to get them. Someone put them in a storage area without indicating on the computer that they arrived. The perscription was wrong. I had to schedule a 2nd appointment (May 8).

At that appointment they decided I needed prisms (like I had told them before). They said my glasses would arrive in a week. They arrived in 2 weeks (picked up May 23). Perscription still felt a little strange (warped vision on outside edges) but they said it was due to the prisms. Ordered my sunglasses and they said it would take a week for delivery. TWO WEEKS LATER (June 6) they were in and were the WRONG PERSCRIPTION (no prisms). They sent the the sunglasses back to get the right perscription with prisms and told me they would be ready in 1 week. Called 2 weeks later (today, June 21) and they said the glasses should be in soon.

I will not do business with America's Best in the future. I hope this isn't how they treat all their customers.

William
Joplin, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2008 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Best-Contacts-Eyeglasses/Joplin-Missouri-64801/Americas-Best-Contacts-Eyeglasses-Bad-service-Joplin-Missouri-342652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses