Complaint Review: Amerigas of William California

• Updated: Sat, March 10, 2012

• Reported By: Gretchen — dunnigan California United States of America
Amerigas of William California
737 N, 7th Street williams, California United States of America

Amerigas of William California Are ripping off customers on propane for the poor people that cannot afford to move to a city that provides (((competitors' names redacted))) utilities williams, California

Amerigas is one of the biggest ripoff and price gouging company I have ever dealt with exception of Viking Propane.  I have complained about a strong gas odor in my back yard beginning in January 2012.  Not only was I charged $150 for them to come and check the gas smell and add a little propane until my next delivery.  The technician found a gas leak around the regulator and replaced it during this visit, yet they refused to credit my account.

Today, I called again about the gas smell when the technician arrived he found a gas leak  and my tank had only 6 % of gas in the my tank, they refused to put gas in my tank because there was an outstanding balance on my account of $540 left on my account from when they fill my tank in January for the cost of $1000+.  I usually split my balance in 2 payments because I am a single mother raising my children with limited income comming into my home.

Today,Amerigas not only charge me another $1000+ dollars but refused work out an agreement of allowing me to pay the balance of $540 that was due on my account because it did not show my recent payment that was withdrawn from my account on 3/7/12, they would not fill my tank until they received another check for $1078 because their computer did not show my payment.  I ask that they would hold my check until the payment from my bank posted to my account but they refused and made me pay another $1000.  "Oh how I wish that (((competitor's name redacted))) would provide gas to us because it seems that my propane bill is averaging $500 or more per month" I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SIGN UP!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 12:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas-of-William-California/williams-California-95967/Amerigas-of-William-California-Are-ripping-off-customers-on-propane-for-the-poor-people-t-851611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerigas of William California