Complaint Review: Amerigas

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — El Cajon California
Amerigas
9350 Miramar Rd San Diego, California USA

Amerigas Ripoff ...overcharged ...Then Stole all of my propane... Then gave me a bad credit rating....tried to steal privately owned tank San Diego California

I rented a home in the mountains east of San Diego.  The rental already used Amerigas so I decided to keep the same service, the owner did warn me that they seemed to fill the tank a lot even when no one was home using propane so I set up an account to have them fill when I needed it and I would call.  They supposedly inspected the tank because I smelled propane outside and told me everything was ok I was just an anxious woman!  That should have been a clue.  I went on holiday for Christmas and shut off the propane had 3/4 of a tank.  They  billed me for filling the tank while I was gone.  I reminded them that I had 3/4 of a tank had shut off propane to the house and had not ordered propane.  They insisted that I pay the full amount.  I told them I would not as they violated terms of my contract and told them I would only pay for the 1/4 tank.  I came home and the house was cold in the middle of winter.  I called them, they said that because I did not pay the full amount they took the propane and were coming to take a privately owned tank.  I told them I would call the sheriff if they did and they owed me for at least 1/2 tank.  I never got any money and they filed a false report about me on my credit rating which added insult to injury.  I use another company now and guess what the valves and regulator were leaking!  This new company replaced it and I have never had trouble with them at all!  I also lock the tank now in case Amerigas is prowling the neighborhood to steal gas!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas/San-Diego-California-92126/Amerigas-Ripoff-overcharged-Then-Stole-all-of-my-propane-Then-gave-me-a-bad-cred-1092778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerigas