Complaint Review: amerigas/lake almanor propane

• Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: linda lou — chester California
amerigas/lake almanor propane
146 main street chester, California USA

amerigas/lake almanor propane overcharged,bad customer service,and not responsive to written concerns,ignoring important problems Chester California

I have been a customer of amerigas in the same rental house for 20yrs.And have nothing but problems since i moved in.my house is all electric,except for my water heater,i used to have a monitor heater but when i smelled gas,and asked them to come to check it out,they said it would cost me $175.00,im on disability and couldnt do that,so i had to disconnect the heater myself,to the gas lines.so my water heater is almost to the off position,for temp.control.but previously i realized i was being overcharged,with mis reported readings from my tank,in the tune of at least triple the actual amounts.i got bills saying the beg.and ending reads were,&all we wrong!,even saying i had propane delivered,and didnt,and even during some months they say they read my tank 2 times for the same month.finally after me keeping records of all the mistakes,and rip offs,they stopped billing me,and without my closing the acc.myself,sent me a $77.00 refund(my old part of my deposit),???then i didnt receive a bill for at least 2yrs.then this last dec.2012,i noticed the pilot lt.was out ,called and told them,they send a tech.out(winter time),he repaired it,then told me my glass gauge on top was cracked and had to put a new one in. i told them to bill my landlords,not me,cause they pay the rental.next thing i know is i get a bill for using 2777 cu.ft.of gas within 1month?and that i had 77gallons of gas put in,i did not!,and my tank after 2yrs.was still at 60%,so this first bill was then over $220.they forgot to charge my landlords,and even when i told them i didnt get any propane,did 0 about it,i paid as much as i could,only on ssi,finally the co.changed owners to lake almanor propane,and sent me a cut off notice to pay the amount of $99.more or they would shut me off.but i already had sent them 4 other payments of another $100.so a total of almost $200.i did this before the cut off notice,but next i know the pilot lite is out again,and they had turned my gas off!!i sent them 2 letters with m.o.copies of payments,etc.and asked them to please lite my pilot,i knew its dangerous to let it go out!,nothing,no phone calls,no response at all,dont know what to do,i have no car,live alone,and do not know what to do next,they just ignore me,and any concerns i have for being safe,and dont seem to care at all.please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 12:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/amerigaslake-almanor-propane/chester-California-96020/amerigaslake-almanor-propane-overchargedbad-customer-serviceand-not-responsive-to-writ-1070227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on amerigas/lake almanor propane