Complaint Review: Ameritas Group Insurance

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: J — starkville Mississippi United States of America
Ameritas Group Insurance
PO Box 81889 Lincoln, NE 68510, Nebraska United States of America

Ameritas Group Insurance Ameritas Group Life Refused to cover legitimate and valid dental insurance claims after telling me they would!!! Lincoln, NE 68510 , Nebraska

Ameritas Group dental insurance was offered to me upon retirement a few years ago..Regrettably I dropped my former dental coverage from Delta Dental and excepted the new coverage from Ameritas Group..

I have ALWAYS paid my premium promptly and on time and have rarely used the dental insurance over the last few years except for the 6 month cleanings..Recently, an impacted wisdom tooth gave cause for me to file a claim for the extraction and sedation...My policy covers sedation which, if anyone has ever had an impacted wisdom tooth, you cannot have it cut out without being sedated.  Well, they refused to cover any part of the sedation even after I was told before the procedure that it is covered...It is my opinon that Ameritas Group goes out of their way to keep from paying a legitimate claim...If I had it to do over again I would NEVER let Ameritas Group insure myself or my family...I've had a few different dental coverages thru out the years and, I must say Ameritas Group is the absolute worse I have ever seen....I spoke with a female represenative from the company who only wanted to argue their side....BEWARE...and do your research before committing to this insurance company..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritas-Group-Insurance/Lincoln-NE-68510-Nebraska-68510/Ameritas-Group-Insurance-Ameritas-Group-Life-Refused-to-cover-legitimate-and-valid-dental-850807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritas Group Insurance