Complaint Review: AMJ Towing & Recovery

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: Tony @ CF — Columbus Ohio
AMJ Towing & Recovery
8126 W 47th Lyons, Illinois USA

AMJ Towing & Recovery Thieves they are a Family Owned Company that prey on people in Need. Police had to be involved. Lyons Illinois

WATCH OUT FOR THESE THEIVES. THEY USE FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS WHEN THE ADVERTISE... RACKETEERING

I am very busy with my daily operations but when I take the time to file this report it really means that this company screwed us bad. Everything started on 7/31/2013 when one of our semi trucks lost air pressure at a service plaza in Lyons, IL. When I searched for road service that was the closes by AMJ Twoing and Service was the first on one the list listed in Lyons, IL. I called them Matt their owner picked up the phone I explained that I'm looking for road service it's either a air line or regulator that we think went out on the truck. I needed service and they are right there not even 6 miles from where our truck is. He told me the price for road service $95 per hour from Point to Point which I said it should be no problem and he said he was going have someone over in an hour this was at 5 pm. The mechanic arrived at 7 pm with a tow truck he told my driver Robert that he was going to lift the front end of the truck so it's easier for him to get under the truck. After 5 minutes looking at the truck he said that it's the line from the compressor going air dryer and he can't fix it on the road. ***We have our own shop when I spoke with my head mechanic he said it's non sense he gave me the part# 20449198 it's a volvo part and they fail constantly that they repair them on the road all the time. When I called the mechanic he said he was not going to repair it on the road cause he needs to lift the cab. (That was bull) When I called Matt his dispatcher I said I'll pay for the hour that they came out there he said no he wants $415 or he'll tow the truck because they alredy have it hooked. He was irate on the phone his driver started yelling at our driver and telling him to get his crap out of his truck cause he's towing it. (This is what I call recketerring people go to jail for this) My driver called police when they arrived it seems like they had run in with this towing company before the officer was great he said I wasn't here for the agreement but if you pay them $230 then press charges. Is it worth for us to come out to IL to press charges NO. Our driver paid cash to the driver he issued him receipt and left. We called another road service that came out an hour later with the part as we provided the part # in 2 hrs later our truck was back on the road with a bill $335 dollars.

There is no justice by us going to IL to sue them. I belive that "Do on to others as you want done for yourself" this company will not be in business because I will take 4 hrs out of my day to post my experience on the web and Face book.

Thank you reading.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AMJ-Towing-Recovery/Lyons-Illinois-60525/AMJ-Towing-Recovery-Thieves-they-are-a-Family-Owned-Company-that-prey-on-people-in-Need-1071642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AMJ Towing & Recovery