Complaint Review: Amscot Financial Services

• Reported By: Desiree — New Port richey Florida
Amscot Financial Services
4100 Little Rd. New Port Richey, Florida USA

Amscot Financial Services Rip off fees for loading card New Port Richey Florida

Does anyone out there want to know how Amscot rips off people on Social Security?

Well, let me tell you. I just received my first payment of Social Security for the amount of $2,163, which I loaded the entire amount on my Amscot card. It clearly states in their terms and conditions that it only costs $4.95 to load your card, but they charged me $62.73. Is this a rip off or what? Do yourself a favor and stay away from this card. Not only do they rip you off on loading fees, but they also charge $3.95 for monthly fees, 75 cents if you charge on the card, and 95 cents if you use it as a debit.

I called customer service about this matter, and you know what they told me? When I put my $2,163 check on my card, that Amscot has to cash it first, then put it on the card, just so they can get their $62.73 loading fee. I don't remember ever telling anyone at Amscot to cash it. What a crock!!

If anyone needs to cash a check, the best way to do it is to go to Walmart. Their fees are much less. However, remember that they cannot cash anything over $2,000 at a time. Stay away from Amscot at all costs. It's not worth it in the long run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amscot-Financial-Services/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34655/Amscot-Financial-Services-Rip-off-fees-for-loading-card-New-Port-Richey-Florida-1121708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amscot Financial Services