Complaint Review: Amtgard (Northern Lights)

• Submitted: Mon, September 09, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: That is — Seattle Washington
Amtgard (Northern Lights)
6046 West Lake Sammamish Pkwy NE Redmond, WA 9805 Redmond, Washington USA

Amtgard ,Northern Lights, Death threats, Misrepersenting facts, slander Redmond Washington

*Author of original report: the day before i was banned I was denyed to join the lists

*Author of original report: Punished for over a year for asking for help

*Author of original report: WTF no idea threat from an amtgard Newbie very confusing

*Author of original report: A vote to ban me is a vote to allow total abuse of authority

*Author of original report: BOD Resolution: 12/17/2013

*Author of original report: Banning drama ongoing

*Author of original report: Instead of helping me deal with this Amtgard Banned me from the Amtgard facebook group

*Author of original report: Esther Chillicut has filed a report with ripoffreport.com

On going abuse from Amtgard "Leadership" or lack there of
Unwanted contact and random assortment of harassment
example email.

This email account was only used for the many amtgard yahoo groups.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: A a <iwillhurtyou1234567890@hotmail.com>
To: acolyte_____________@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:09 AM
Subject: F**k you you stupid cunt

Hi Esther _________

I don't want to kill you.  No.  That wouldn't be enough punishment.  I want to torture you.  Slowly and painfully. [continued below]....
.....  I want to come up behind you, club you over the head with a crowbar, drag you into an alley, cut open your left knee and pull your patella out, then burn the tips of your fingers off of your fingers with a lighter, then cut the lying, wh*re-tongue out of your mouth. Then call 911, and hope they get to you in time to save your life.  Then you'll have to live life like that.  No tongue, no finger tips, no knee cap.  It would be delightful.  I would revel in every second you are alive.

Failing that, if I could get away with one murder, for free without penalty, I would order a "Most painful death imaginable" for you.  Seriously.  I f**king hate you and think you should go kill yourself.

Sincerely,

Someone who would stop at nothing to make you suffer if he could.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: A a <iwillhurtyou1234567890@hotmail.com>
To: acolyte_________
@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:34 PM
Subject: I wasn't kidding Esther
I do want to destroy you.  I want you to suffer for eons.

Sincerely,
Someone who hates you with a fiery passion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amtgard-Northern-Lights/Redmond-Washington-98052/Amtgard-Northern-Lights-Death-threats-Misrepersenting-facts-slander-Redmond-Washingto-1083081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amtgard (Northern Lights)

the day before i was banned I was denyed to join the lists

To Me

Jan 17

Hello,

Your request to join the shroudingmist group was not approved. Your membership was automatically rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days. We do this to provide a high quality of service for our users.

If you want, you may attempt to join this group again.

You may find other groups to join by searching or browsing the
Groups directory:

If you would like to create your own group, please visit:

Thank you for choosing Yahoo Groups.

Regards,

Yahoo Groups Customer Care

Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

Punished for over a year for asking for help

AUTHOR: Not going to take it any more! - ()

The demand to "remove, edit or amend" this post are unfair - I can not edit or remove it and I will only amend it IF something changes Like the NL let say punishes the one who caused it to be posted...

*I contacted the incoming leader asking for help to remove me from amtgard NL fully (as is the mods can re-add me at whim)

So after 3 sets of leaders failed to help on the "Drama" of death threats and MANY years of serious issues like funds being stolen I posted here

the "Ban" got shot down cus it was not legal the suspension lasted til NOW

unfortunately they voted to approve it Never telling me when it was Or when/where any all things have been to "appeal" it

they left me with NO communication --unless you wanna count what they sent to my work.

I have been gone for over a year...

*I am not sure who the incoming leadership is BUT I want to make this very clear

I do not want Re-added to the facebook groups I am not nor was I ever in anyway deserving of the ongoing punishments and in NO case was it ever okay for the leadership to contact my work. I quit in FEB 2013 I asked the Monarch to end my membership.

There is NOTHING the Northern Lights can do to remove this thread  (with out me) and there is that this group can do to make amends.

The suspension and Harassment  over posting a Death threat to a Larp Only email address was just too much - as well as the slander sent to my work.

a Non leader contacting my work about the ban was one thing the BOD Prz sending them a redacted PDF to a convention in a grooup convo Iwith me) on suspending me (for "creating a hostile environment" DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE ABOUT ME that was NEVER something the NL should have allowed and someone Other then I should be punished for it

WTF no idea threat from an amtgard Newbie very confusing

• Conversation started September 26, 2013
  • 9/26, 9:03pm

Ethrix Sage Henderson

first of all johnny is a friend ok so stop threatning me or i will have my fam do something about it i know queen psycho shes my cusin ok and i f****** hate people tlking s*** i am a friend of johnnys so dont hurt me ok

• Ethrix Sage Henderson
      September 28, 2013

****
        I do not know this person I did not threaten anyone
        all I know is he is some confused amtgard newbie who is not following the story well
        and decided to threaten having a juggalette jump me?

Threaning to have Gang members jump someone is seriouse
        this kids are getting all sorts of Bad ideas and this is
        Months after I left the group - again I have made no threats
        why their talking about me I don't know.

I am in no way talking about Johnny other then defending his lack of action
        as HE was leader of amtgard when they first banned me
        the admin Matt Ward and his friends did with out the King even having a say
        John did nothing - they woudn't allow him to be an admin let along have a say in how long I would be suspended from the facebook group, this has escalated to random kids threating me?

A vote to ban me is a vote to allow total abuse of authority

AUTHOR: Not going to take it any more! - ()

• *I am not asking the NL to vote not to ban me Quite the opposite

I asked Gabe to remove the post with my real name and allow my to be re-added to the facebook group so that I could remove myself so that I could NOT be re-added at whim by the moderators.

I do not like being stuck in Limbo where any of the mods can re-add me - I am NO Longer a member of this group by choice. *I was only suspended from the NL facebook I was never informed as to how long that would be for rumor has it I could appeal after 6 months its been 11 so I have No idea how or whom I would even ask about that -and Honestly after Sho refused the same request I was done with amtgard. and so I posted OUTSIDE the NL

The Ban vote is Moot --- I am not amtgard I was threatened lied to and about, slandered and worst of all censored so I was not able to bring up topics d serious issues that effect the reputation of the group.

I have NO intention of "pleading my case" as was suggested in the public posts about me on the amtgard site nlamtgard.org/index.php/bodminutes/27-bod again I ask MY name be removed...

I do bring up the issue that Drake should never have contacted Crypticon about me, that the contact person is Sir Kaylin and any questions concerning amtgard at the con go to her, and her group of active staff members.

I always put the group's reputation before My own, Chris Bates told crypticon "about me" at their very first meeting and to ensure that type of drama attack/abuse of power did not effect the group I asked Sir Kaylin to head a team of people who represented the best of amtgard - service dedication and the arts and sciences.

Her and her team have all done an amazing job, the continued harassment by amtgard towards me and the Mishandling of moderators lead to an escalation where I was sent Death threats.

After 2 changes in leadership showed NO improvement and I remained unable to communicate concerns to the NL as a whole I posted the threats and other abuse allowed in the NL land level group publically and in such a way it can not be removed.

I expected to be banned just as I would be if I sued to remove my name etc. THIS is a scar on amtgard's reputation, it is proof that the abuse of power leads to damage to the group, I have continued to be lied to and about and people have contacted My work, other larps about me and convention, I do take this personally and as I can not name ONE person as responsible the whole of the NL is being given a black Mark.

I would ask amtgard inc to look back at my public posts -calling to be proactive about underage drinking, and about putting more effort into finding and retaining new players. These were always met with scorn and flamed. I was called names, but in the long term many of the suggestions have taken root.

I opened doors for the group and while amtgard NL has chosen to trash me publicly other organizations are actively supporting me. The sad fact is there are many who will see the simple chain of events

I did alot for amtgard I was threatened and publicaly bashed I was suspended for standing up to the leadership from a facebook group -NOT the game as many misunderstand that. (because of how I did it) suspending me for far longer then is normal -and given me no way to appeal it (or officially sending me notification it happened) After many months of ongoing abuse by the leadership I posted publicly instead of speaking with me or showing any concern about threats on my life - they tried to ban me without the group knowing and failed Now they are following the steps to ban me officially for creating a hostile environment

I apologize but that seems like a joke, they were hostile, cruel even, and they have mislead everyone over --- Given no way to see anything being said in the group's forums, groups and having NO official communications from the leadership and having not been to the field in over a year -I am not an amtgarder By my choice Not theirs because of the ongoing abuse of power

A vote to ban me is a vote to allow total abuse of authority ---it does Nothing but re-enforce my belief that amtgard is beyond hope. *It will also be another PUBLIC posting about me, one that will effect how others view the group.

Stop thinking what you were told and try seeing how this looks from outside the group. Help resolve the issue I posted publicly - that these leaders HID from you for over a year.

BOD Resolution: 12/17/2013

BOD Resolution: 12/17/2013

The Board of Directors is currently re-assessing our articles of incorporation to ensure compliance to WA Chapter 24.03 RCW: Washington Non Profit Corporation Act. All resolutions of the Board since incorporation are also under review.

The issue of Esther Chilcutt Ban is one of the issues impacted by this process and is hereby rescinded and turned over to the in-game authority of the Monarchy.

Once again my name is posted PUBLICALLY on their sites about drama

the issue of the threats and other abuse towards me remains unadressed
No one has called me or talk to me directly

a few people got on a christmas event I posted asking MY friends to read this ripoffrepoorts page
and proceded to tell me all about how sorry they are and how I owe them an apology for images on facebook

No - I do not dislike a photo report it

Dislike my posting about you here stop posting about me Publically and stop getting on MY events that yoou are not invited to.

Banning drama ongoing

1. Ripoff Report

a. Esther Chillicut has filed a report with ripoffreport.com against Amtgard: Northern Lights. In these reports she is holding Amtgard: Northern Lights accountable for e-mail death threats she has received outside of Northern Lights events from an anonymous e-mail address.

b. This is a personal matter that she has linked to our corporation.

c. The Board of Directors has already looked into attempting to have these reports removed from ripoffreports.com website, but they do not have a system in place to remove reports once they have been posted.

d. Stacey Harold stated that the corporation is a legal entity which gives us legal providence. Her actions are affecting the Legal Entity of Amtgard: Northern Lights.

e. Chris Aubin called for a vote to Ban Esther Chillicut, Seconded by Deena King

i. Yea – 7

ii. Nay – 0

iii. Motion Passed

f. Stacey Harold stated that she would issue a statement concerning the reasons for the ban.

2. Stacey suggested that the Board of Directors look into dissolving the NPO status of the corporation of Amtgard: Northern Lights and look into reregistering as an LLC for legal reasons.

a. It was determined more information was necessary and that this will probably need to go to Althing for final resolution.

3. Documents were recently brought to the attention of the Board of Directors concerning a member of Northern Lights and whether their participation in Amtgard may be in violation of a Court of Law sentencing statement.

a. Stacey Harold stated that she had invited the individual to the meeting to state his side of the story, but the individual was not in attendance at this time.

b. Christy Hamilton had to leave the meeting at this time due to some family concerns in conjunction with this individual.

c. Ryan Graves also left the meeting at this time for concern of Christy’s family.

d. No resolution was found at this time as the meeting proceeded to break up at this point.

Meeting called to close by Ryan Graves and Chris Aubin

Meeting closed at 11:26 AM

The Board of Directors of Amtgard: Northern Lights

October 26, 2013

Resolution

We, the directors of Amtgard: Northern Lights hereby decree:

1. Posts made to ripoffreport.com (reference item 1) by Esther Chilcutt’s own admission (refer to item 2).

a. The report posted on September 9, 2013. Whereas the content of the email is heinous, harassment of this type is not encouraged, nor condoned, by Amtgard: Northern Lights. To date, no documentation has been brought forward to us to prove the origination of these emails to the recipient dated June 2012.

b. The recipient stated on 9/24/13 via IM with Ryan Graves (reference item 2) that she is posting publicly to ripoffreports.com because the issue was never handled (assume by Northern Lights). At this time, there is no documentation this matter was ever brought to the Northern Lights in an official manner at the time of the incident. However, there is documentation in the form of emails dated August 28, 2013 (reference item 3) that the matter was taken to Redmond Police, Redmond Parks department, etc. As you can see in the email from Jim Boves of the Redmond Police, Esther was advised by the police as to the action that should be taken. Whether those additional steps were or were not taken, is unknown at this time.

c. CONCLUSION. Whereas emails received by Esther are completely and utterly heinous, distasteful and uncalled for, Amtgard: Northern Lights views this as an individual acting on their own, to which we have no control. Should the individual be found, we fully support Ms. Chilcutt in pursuing all legal action against the responsible individual, and not against an organization that the perpetrator may, or may not, be a member of.

2. On September 24, 2013 at 4:25, Ryan Graves acting as Monarch of the Northern Lights reached out to Esther when these issues became known to the new Monarchy and Board of Directors. Ryan Graves relayed to Esther (refer to item 2; picture 6) “The Monarchy and BOD are willing to look at your issues, review, and make a determination if you are willing to put, in writing, a detailed, fact-based representation of your concerns and/or complaints. Supporting documentation of receipts, etc. would go a long way in helping us to come to a determination.”

a. Esther’s response (refer to item 6) included many more citings of perceived ‘un-fairness’.

b. It appears, at this time, given the opportunity to try to work with a willing, open-minded body of new governance within Amtgard: Northern Lights, Esther chooses not to avail herself of our willingness to hear her concerns and attempt to come to an amicable agreement.

3. With each new officer election, Esther has continually brought up happenings and situations from the past, sometimes as long as ten (10) years ago in ways she feels she was ‘wronged’ and expects action. Many of these items stem from inter-personal relationships which bear no burden on Amtgard: Northern Lights, yet Ms. Chilcutt seems to believe that Amtgard: Northern Lights should help her in seeking retribution, recompense, etc. from individuals she entered into

agreements with OUTSIDE of the scope of Amtgard. Additionally, many of these items are from prior to the formation of this Corporation, and yet this old ‘bad blood’ due to personality conflicts continue to rear their head and hinder and hurt this new Corporate entity.

4. CLOSING. We, the Board of Directors of Amtgard: Northern Lights, believing this to be an ongoing, never-ending cycle with Esther Chilcutt (should she retain her membership within this organization), do hereby enact a permanent ban of her membership status with Amtgard: Northern Lights. The Board of Directors of Amtgard: Northern Lights is reviewing the possibility of a cease and desist order against Esther Chilcutt due to the harm she has caused the business, Amtgard: Northern Lights by a false filing to ripoffreports.com; insinuating a connection (where none exists) between our corporate entity and harassment emails she received. Ms. Chilcutt’s insinuation came in the form of an online ‘ripoff’ report posting the details of the harassment emails under our corporate entity name.

It is also on the basis of the above two (2) paragraphs, that we find her a detriment to our organization and the energy expended on following-up on her perceived complaints, inaccurate public posts and continued hostile actions against this club, prevent our Directors and Officers from our stated purpose as per our Articles of Incorporation.

I atemtped to talk to Sir Dogboy at Clan but could not get an oppertuinty My attendance was not often and so oppertunity to speak with him never happened and our friend killed herself so it wasn't a good time to deal with these issues.

I called KING Gabe and expressed concern over the threats and the way this was handled. Mostly that i'm harshl punished and not allowed to post anything by the groups admins. He said he would get back to me he did not instead he Banned me from the Facbook group with wording that implyed any attempt topost to the official forum (I was never apred tojoin) or the yahoo groups I would be banned from those also, It was also stated that any disrespect on the feild would result in banning.

Rumor was they uldn't need any reason I show up they could claim I said or did anything - and have me banned. With no way to speak for myself so no defense. Other going issues have been a cycle but the truth is --- the cycle is I follow the chain of command contacting leadership and nothing is done and after I gave up on the group Harrassment towards me has not stopped

Example the Banning issue over this I was not called emailed etc but a convention I work for was emailed by Bill Vonberg
who held NO position and there is NO condition where anyone from amtgard should contact the convention.

There are official repersentitives of the convention who act as a Buffer to prevent just such petty personal attack - not to protect ME but to protect the reputation of the club and its relationship with the community something that seems to be totally lost on people who keep posting MY NAME a year after I left and wondering why I post about the group

facebook.com/groups/222753014406145/

Esther Chillicut has filed a report with ripoffreport.com

1. Ripoff Report

b. This is a personal matter that she has linked to our corporation.

i. Yea – 7