Complaint Review: Ancestry.com

• Reported By: nickchi — Chicago Illinois
Ancestry.com
360 West 4800 North Provo, Utah USA

Ancestry.com Terrible CService and Trouble W/Auto Renew Provo Utah

Called Ancestry.com on or about 10/29-10/30 to cancel my free trial membership.  I spoke to a customer service person that offered a confirmation however I was driving so I was unable to write it down.  Checked my account several days later and no charge was present.  I thought it was all good as it was scheduled to autorenew on or about 11/3-11/5.

Checked my account today(12/6/13) and had a charge on my account from Ancestry.com. I called to investigate.  I was told they had no record of my call at the end of October and as a one time courtesy they were willing to refund the charge for $19.99 from December but not November.  That was news to me.  Upon further investigation I found a charge on my card from Ancestry.com on 11/15/2013.  After requesting they refund the charge and being denied by the initial customer service agent and the supervisor I was forced to dispute the charge as fraudulent.  Do not use this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestrycom/Provo-Utah-84604/Ancestrycom-Terrible-CService-and-Trouble-WAuto-Renew-Provo-Utah-1105014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestry.com