Complaint Review: Anderson Crenshaw Associ

• Updated: Wed, November 18, 2009

• Reported By: figaro — el monte California USA
Anderson Crenshaw Associ
12801 N. Central Expoy Ste 250 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Anderson Crenshaw Associ Attempt to collect a fraudulent, non-exisiting debt from Protect America Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

I contacted Protect America, a company marketing alarm services sometime in 2008. I paid them something like $29 with a credit card for a package they were marketing. When I received the package I notice many irregularities from their advertised claims. I called them without ever starting their services, and told them I was not interested in their service. I contacted my credit card and requested cancellation of the transaction. After an investigation the credit card cancelled the transaction and credit me the money.
They kept billing me for some non-existing monthly services. I sent them letters denying the debt pursuant to Federal Law and requesting that they establish their claim in court. I referred them to the FTC.
Lo and behold, one year later there is an entry in my credit report for $1500.00 in collection from Anderson Crensahw trying to collect a fraudulent entry in my report.
I have sent letters to the District Attorney, and to the FTC and to Experian bringing this matter into their attention.
These people, both Crenshaw and Protect America are rabid frauds. It is inconceivable that they have not been shut down by the local district attorney or the FTC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Crenshaw-Associ/Dallas-Texas-75243/Anderson-Crenshaw-Associ-Attempt-to-collect-a-fraudulent-non-exisiting-debt-from-Protect-502838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Crenshaw Associ

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

Hi Figaro,

If your account was placed in office, you were given and still have several available options to help you resolve your account.  First, our employees are open to discussing your account and any settlements or arrangements to help you meet your obligations.  Second, you were given the opportunity to dispute the debt directly with our office. Our Dispute Department sends any documentation we have so that you may understand your account. If you have not spoken with our office yet, i strongly encourage you to do.  Many of your issues could be resolved in one conversation.  You can reach the Dispute Department at the following number: 214-368-2980, extensions 3309 (Jared) or 3310 (Bethany). I look forward to hearing from and am confident we can reach a mutually agreeable resolution.