Complaint Review: Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company

• Submitted: Mon, September 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:logan Iowa
Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company
13710 Struthers Rd, Ste 105 Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company Andrae Michaels Uses Deceptive and Aggressive Salesman Colorado Springs Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Satisfaction Guaranteed

On Sunday September 28th while shopping at a Pamida store in Blair, Nebraska, I was approached by two saleman from Andrae Michaels portrait center and after telling them I was not interested, they proceeded to tell me about a free giveaway I could sign up for. I declined the offer but they continued the high pressure sales campaign and I signed up for what I thought was a free giveaway. Upon completing the form they then informed me that I owed them 10 dollars. I then declined the offer and walked away, but they followed and continued the high pressure sales routine. I wrote them a 10 dollar check, fully intending to demand a refund after contacting the home company when after reading the receipt, found out that they don't give refunds only rescheduling. So after paying 30 dollars to stop pay on their check, their "free" giveaway wasn't so free after all.

Ssorick
logan, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2008 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Andrae-Michaels-National-Portrait-Company/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80921/Andrae-Michaels-National-Portrait-Company-Andrae-Michaels-Uses-Deceptive-and-Aggressive-Sa-376873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company

Satisfaction Guaranteed

AUTHOR: Andrae Michaels - (U.S.A.)

We at Andrae Michaels do not offer a free giveaway, rather an appointment for $10.00 to have your portraits done, this includes a 10x13 portrait without obligation to purchase anything further. We have a strict no means no policy. In regards to the complaint listed, the consumer never contacted our office directly rather just assumed that thier money would not be refunded. We received 4 emails on a Sunday regarding the situation from the customer, in which we responded twice informing the customer that we would be more than happy to rectify the situation. We also called the customer using the information that was provided to us from them to let them know that we would be returning their check and it would not be deposited in our account. We have not heard from the customer regarding our attempt to make the situation better. Regardless, they will be receiving thier original check in the mail. We service over 10,000 families a year and provide them with family memories they can cherish for a lifetime. It is our goal to make sure that our customers feel satisfied with the service and product they receive.