Complaint Review: Andy's Auto Electric

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 10, 2007

• Reported By:Lewisville Texas
Andy's Auto Electric
3103 S. Lamar Blvd Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Andy's Andy's Auto Electric Andy's Auto Electric $750 bid for a $10 repair! Ripoff Austin Texas

A few days ago I was in Austin TX searching for apartments when my battery came lose and welded itself to the retaining bar. A puff of smoke came out from underneath my hood and my 4runner quickly died. I thought the worst. I had a few hand tools and started troubleshooting. I checked all my fuses and none were blown. (I had a volt meter). My truck turned over and it wouldn?t start. I thought I had blown the ECU. Being that I was out of town I didn?t have the resources to try to fix it myself. I had my truck towed to Andy?s Auto Electric Plus in Austin. I explained my situation and they got to work. The work day ended and Brian, the guy I was working with, told me he needed to keep it over night. I had to return to Dallas that night. I got home and quickly did some research on Yotatech. I was later told it was simply a ground wire that had fried. For the past three years I have grown to trust the advice of Yotatech and I have saved thousands. I decided to repair the truck myself. I get a call the next morning from Brian and he states the repair is going to cost $750, $200 for parts and $400 for labor. $50 for taxes and other fees. I quickly requested to fix my truck myself. His attitude immediately changed and he wanted my truck out of his shop. ?If we?re not doing the repair it?s in my way.? I returned to Austin the next day to perform the repair. I popped my hood only to find that they had blown my starter relay and four fuses. These fuses I had checked before I had it towed. I questioned Brian about this and he said my battery had done that. I was also refused a parts list, receipt and the parts they had removed from my car. The shop closed and I headed to Pep Boys. I purchased ground wire and fuses. $22.00 in parts. 10 minutes and my car was running! Unfortunately now, the truck isn?t running as well as it did before the failure. It seems to be missing. I believe this to be caused by them.

How do I get these guys investigated? They tried to charge me $750 for a $10 fix!
Where does the consumer go? I?ve started with the BBB but all that will do is get me a refund! These guys are ripping people off!

Their site. http://www.andysautoelectric.com/

Blake
Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2007 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Andys-Auto-Electric/Austin-Texas-7874/Andys-Andys-Auto-Electric-Andys-Auto-Electric-750-bid-for-a-10-repair-Ripoff-Austin-238742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Andy's Auto Electric