Complaint Review: anna's linens

• Reported By: daytona — Lake Helen Florida United States of America
anna's linens

anna's linens Bait and switch Internet

*Author of original report: Bait and Switch Anna's Linens

I had never heard of this company, but it had a good sale for bed in a bag sets. I was looking for a new king size set and the pattern anna's advertised at a really good sale price was what I ordered. I checked with other companies I'd used before like overstock, smartbargains, domestications, and anna's seemed to have the same one cheaper. I ordered the Panda Home Fashions Palms Bed in a Bag. I noticed when it was delivered that it didn't say Panda on it but Lauren Cole, and when I took the items out of the wrappings, the first thing I saw was that all the seams had been gone over back and forth and had threads hanging out on the finished side. Then I spent about an hour steaming the many wrinkles out, and I saw that the fill of the comforter didn't even reach the edges of it and there were big lumps of stuffing in some places and none at all in others. Finally, I took the sheets out of the package and found them to be too small and had pattern on only one side. The comforter, by the time I got it on the bed was not a king size at all though it clearly said on the label and the packaging that it was. So it is a completely useless item. I know people will say you get what you pay for but it was advertised as being a $100 set on sale. I've bought many things discounted in the same way online and in brick and mortar stores.

I wrote them immediately and their automated customer service message was that I would hear back from them in five business days or less. No...they did not get back to me. I wrote again, and in response I got an automated message asking if I'd like to give  a review. I sure did. I still have not heard from anyone at all.

It was a terrible waste of money and I will never deal with them again. They showed one thing and sent an entirely different and very cheap, flimsy, and shoddy comforter set in its place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/annas-linens/internet/annas-linens-Bait-and-switch-Internet-753799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on anna's linens

Bait and Switch Anna's Linens

AUTHOR: daytona - (United States of America)

Anna's Linens responded to my third email, and stated they had not received any other emails. In any case, they were apologetic and explained that there are various manufacturers who make the same product for them. They offered to either send me another, inspected, set or a refund. I am giving them another chance since I did like the pattern if not the workmanship. I appreciate that they are willing to rectify the situation in a satisfactory way.