Complaint Review: annualcreditreport.com

• Submitted: Tue, July 24, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: ALCinVA — United States of America
annualcreditreport.com

annualcreditreport.com Experian free credit report scam, unauthorized monthly subscription charges Internet

Signed up for free credit report through annualcreditreport.com and received report in September 2012.  Also placed free fraud alert on account because of fraudulent activity on credit card.  I was not charged for these services.  Starting in May 2012 there was a monthly charge of $12.95 from "Experian *creditsco 8772877793 CA" on my credit card.  This fee recurred in June and July, when I noticed it.  I called Experian to check because I had never signed up for a membership or subscription through them and they first could not find my information, then advised that there were two other names attached to my credit card number (neither of which I recognized).  This information was never presented on my credit report.  I requested that they immediately cancel any subscription charges and they agreed to refund the charges (this happened recently so I dont know if this will actually take place).

In researching this, it seems that many people have had this same problem.  FTC should seriously investigate their relationship with annualcreditreport.com - although the initial report may be free, it seems they are taking advantage of consumers trust in providing their credit information or that they are not protecting consumers private information.

I utilized the site to monitor criminal activity on my credit card and ended up having to cancel another card today because I do not trust that they are keeping my personal and financial information confidential.  It is very disheartening that FTC is directing consumers to a site which is purported to be free but uses customer information in this manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/annualcreditreportcom/internet/annualcreditreportcom-Experian-free-credit-report-scam-unauthorized-monthly-subscription-916696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on annualcreditreport.com