occurring

• Updated: Fri, October 11, 2013

• Reported By: noyoudont — Anthem Arizona
Anthem Community Center
Anthem, Arizona USA

Anthem Community Center, Rick Klein, Sports Manager Stacking Youth Sports Teams, Fixed Drafts, Using Unsuspecting Parents/Kids to Support Others! Anthem Arizona

For the last two years, I have gathered information and asked questions regarding the, "Stacked Teams" in youth sports flag football in Anthem.  After speaking to other parents, coaches, and the sports manager, it is clear that their are teams that have been together for years, practicing and building their teams to win, win, win!  I have even overheard a kid claiming that he just knows they will win again this season!

When during the first week of practice, you see teams and coaches that are already wearing their team shirts, and others haven't even decided on team names yet, it's really not hard to figure it out.  Maybe they're just hoping that all those busy parents are just signing up the kids and not paying attention.  Well, I don't like it!  I'm paying the same fee as everyone else, but I feel like I'm just paying for someone else's kids to unfairly take the wins, and eventually get them a scholarship!  This has just gone too far!

I'm all for teaching my kids that the world isn't fair and these types of issues do happen, I also want them to know that when things aren't fair, that it's okay to take a stand.  If my kids play a fair game against another team that is just better, and we loose.  Then, I'm fine with that, but I can just forsee these next 8 weeks of play.  Our kids will practice, and play these games hoping that they will get the W!  They're not going to understand why they can't win a game!  Or why that ONE team is so much better than everyone else!

I was told, through an email when I asked, about the draft by Rick, the sports manager, that their was a blind draft.  Well this happened one week before the practice started.  Teams were pretty much already formed.  He covers his tracks by stating that if you need to carpool or want to be on a friends team, this is why they let you on a requested team.  I talked to a couple of coaches regarding this draft and there was an awful lot of space between drafts.  I asked to see proof of this fair draft, but Rick stopped corresponding with me.

I let him know that I would not let this go, and that I would continue to bring awareness to this issue.  I believe that everyone should know that it is not a fair situation to put the kids in.  I want them to make this fair, and to admit that it has gotten out of hand.  Last year I had witnessed the VIKINGS, with their camera man, scout, several coaches, t shirts with the whole teams names on it.  How can the kids go into a game like this and think that they have a chance.  Not to mention that the parents can be just as bad, because they are surely aware of what they are participating in.

Those poor unsuspecting parents who pay for their kids to get beat by the Stacked Teams!  Our kids look forward to this flag football season, and I think it's in very poor taste to allow this to happen in this hugely athletic community.  What kind of example are they setting for thier kids?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anthem-Community-Center/Anthem-Arizona-85085/Anthem-Community-Center-Rick-Klein-Sports-Manager-Stacking-Youth-Sports-Teams-Fixed-Dr-1091288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anthem Community Center