Complaint Review: Anthem

• Reported By: Tish — Stephens City Virginia
Anthem
PO Box 27401 Richmond, Virginia USA

Anthem Bait and Switch Health Insurance Coverage Richmond Virginia

Early in December, I applied for coverage for a family of four.  I was quoted a price and asked to provide credit card information so that my account could be charged once my application was approved.  I happened to receive letters in the mail around the same time I noticed my account hadn't been charged.  The letters advised that my youngest child wouldn't be covered at all, my husband and I had to apply for alternate coverage offered by the company and my oldest daughter was approved for coverage.  I tried calling Anthem at the number listed on the letters, but was never able to get anyone on the phone.  I've called and left at least 8 messages with that group.  I call other numbers I've found for Anthem but they all direct me back to the number that no one ever answers.  I've written to Anthem three times. None of my written correspondence has been acknowledged...but they have sent me bills for coverage.

Be careful! This company will not give you time to decide if you want coverage if they make changes.  When I couldn't get anyone on the line to cancel my coverage, I called the sales group and asked what happens if the underwriters make changes to my coverage.  He told me that the underwriters will either put an applicant on the tier applied for, put the applicant on another more expensive tier, or deny coverage. I asked the rep how the customer is notified of the change in coverage if it's more expensive.  He told me the applicant IS NOT notified, Anthem just bills for the coverage.  I am having a heck of a time canceing coverage that is NOT what I applied for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anthem/Richmond-Virginia-23279/Anthem-Bait-and-Switch-Health-Insurance-Coverage-Richmond-Virginia-1111233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anthem