Complaint Review: Anti-Gravity Trampoline

• Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011

• Reported By: hyperlite53 — whitby Ontario United States of America
Anti-Gravity Trampoline
110 Scotia Court Unit #35, Whitby, Ontario Canada

Anti-Gravity Trampoline COMPANY CANCELLED MY CLASS, AND ONLY WANTS TO REFUND 49% Whitby, Ontario Canada

First off, the classes are brutally expensive. I paid $707.50 for 38 weeks, plus I am a shift worker, so I automatically miss 25% of the classes due to my work rotation. I signed up with a friend, and after Christmas my friend was no longer able to attend. The girl that was coaching us was great, but had expressed problems with the company paying her. The company would not pay the coach if she had to come in for another athlete and they did not show up. They would simply block out her hours and say "no one showed, so you don't get paid", despite the fact that I paid for all the classes I did or did not take. So the company pocketed that money instead of paying the coach. So at the end of April, she quit.

I showed up at the beginning of May for my class and there was no coach and no one knew anything about it. I then got an email saying they had sent me a message previously saying as of April 19th, my class was cancelled. My only option was to move to another night, which I am unable to do due to work commitments. When I inquired about a refund, they told me I would have to pay an addition 3 dollars per class that I had already taken because I had a discounted rate for the 38 weeks, and because I wasn't finishing them, I was no longer able to receive the discount. This all because THEY cancelled my classes. They then told me I would receive a $72 refund which would account for my remaining 8 weeks I did not receive. I did the math. 707.50 divided by 38 weeks is $18.62 a class. $18.62 X the 8 weeks I did not receive = $148.96.

They stopped answering my phone calls despite their companies "we will contact you in 48 hours" promise.

I called a few times, and finally had to go in to the club to talk to someone, and they told me there was nothing they could do. If you have small children, they did not have heat for the majority of the winter, and even went as far as ripping the thermostat off of the wall so that no one would know what the cold and frosty temperature actually was.

I am currently in the process of taking them to small claims court.

This place is not worth the time nor the hassle. I'd avoid them at all costs. Go somewhere else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2011 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anti-Gravity-Trampoline/Whitby-Ontario-/Anti-Gravity-Trampoline-COMPANY-CANCELLED-MY-CLASS-AND-ONLY-WANTS-TO-REFUND-49-Whitby-728253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anti-Gravity Trampoline