Complaint Review: Aparaphilia

• Updated: Thu, January 09, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Portland Oregon
Aparaphilia
8232 NE Fremont Street Portland, Oregon USA

Aparaphilia Bruce Parrott, Aparaphilia Portland Shady business owner who steals customer money, lies about merchandise and lives off dying dad Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Don't believe the lies of this Poster!

*General Comment: Decent and honest.

*Consumer Comment: Satisifed Customer here

*Consumer Comment: A disgusting lie from a dishonest person

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Faeries, Pixies and Fire

Aparaphilia is a dishonest business owned by an even more dishonest man. Its a tiny shop, with little product. Wanted something they didn't have and owner convinced me he did most of his business by "special order." I placed a special order with him and was expected to pay in full. Said it would take a week.

One month later, still no product. Reached out to people who knew business owner and learned he was living off the finances of a dying father and having people make custom items and display them in his shop to sell, while not paying the makers for their products. Most products had been removed in the weeks between my visits.

When confronted about the order (which was never received), he became defensive and demanded I leave. Disputed the charge on my card and got the refund, but never saw the product. After asking around, I'm definitely not the first he's done this to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aparaphilia/Portland-Oregon-97202/Aparaphilia-Bruce-Parrott-Aparaphilia-Portland-Shady-business-owner-who-steals-customer-1114206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aparaphilia

Don't believe the lies of this Poster!

AUTHOR: BillySenjo - ()

I'm a personal friend of the Owner of this shop. I must say that after seeing this very same set of false accusations on several different forums, all Witten by the same person makes posting it here anonymously kind of pathetic. If you are willing to make these kind of false and frankly malicious accusations, you should stand openly and publicly. Hiding behind Internet anonymity only expresses your cowardice.

I have had several business interactions with Bruce and have always had an honest and valuable experience. I have seen many more of his business dealings with other members of the community and each one was an example of professional and service oriented behavior. This report is simply a continuation of a vicious attack from one person who's actions have been nothing short of devastating to Bruce.  The person who wrote this original report is quite likely in a highly actionable position if she is intent on continuing this action. Bruce has proffered not only proof of his honest business dealings and loving relationship with his father. He has also provided proof of this persons actions. From theft of inventory worth thousands of dollars to a systematic and hostile attempt to take over his business by stealing intellectual property rights,  hijacking social media accounts and, running a malicious smear campaign against the owner.

I stand in support of Bruce and his business Aparaphilia. He provides a much needed resource to the community he serves and deserves only the best in return. As for the vicious person behind these attacks, your community will see the truth through your lies and theft. It will not be tolerated for even a moment.

#2 General Comment

Decent and honest.

AUTHOR: Judi Klein - ()

Bruce Parrott is a decent honest man whom I have known for over 10 years.  He brought his father to live with him when Father became unable to physically care for himself.  Bruce cooks nutritious meals for Father, assures that he has appropriate care and advocates on his behalf as well as running a business.  As an RN and a geriatric care manager, I only wish more families were as involved and invested in their elderly parents.

Satisifed Customer here

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I have been to Aparaphilia on more than one occasion to browse around their store and to look at items that I was going to need for an upcoming competition. They didnt have the size that I needed in a shirt but made every effort they could to find a shirt that would fit me in time for the competition. I fail to see how this is in any way shoddy or shady salesmanship on the owners behalf. I have never had a problem in any business dealings with Bruce and felt that I always got a fair deal and price on the things that I did buy. I find this report to be quite slanderous and defaming personally and I would think that the person who posted it should be ashamed of themseleves for posting such a liabelous account of what I am sure are lies.

A disgusting lie from a dishonest person

AUTHOR: PupAngel - ()

Dear Mrs. Anonymous (aka: Pixie or Rayna),

It's very clear to see that your little report is a work of fiction.  It lacks any details at all that could lend credability to the tale.  I am going to turn it into a fun game though, so let's play.

Let's disassemble this little complaint one fallacy at a time.  We'll start with my favorite paragraph.  Here we go:

"The owner comes across as a pill-popping drama queen who is desperate to make a buck and run off to Costa Rica. Don't buy into the "feel sorry for me" routine. The guy is just shady."

"Aparaphilia is a dishonest business owned by an even more dishonest man. Its a tiny shop, with little product."

These are what we would call a clear "ad hominem" fallacy.  You attack the person behind the source of your frustration (and with no prior reference to any of the, also false, arguments made) rather than attacking the situation.  This is one of the laziest fallacies of all, "you're wrong because you're a doodie head" is not an argument.

"...Reached out to people who knew business owner and learned he was living off the finances of a dying father and having people make custom items and display them in his shop to sell, while not paying the makers for their products."

"...After asking around, I'm definitely not the first he's done this to."

The lesser known "ad populum" fallacy, "I asked a couple people, and they said this guy is bad, so everyone must think so".  This is also not a logical argument.  Site your sources, link to other articles or complaints, support your claim with evidence.  If he was stealing from you, why didn't you involve the police?

"... Disputed the charge on my card and got the refund, but never saw the product."

This statement solely lacks evidence, post a redacted image of the transaction on your credit card statement showing it was refunded and a copy of your receipt.

That would leave us with a complaint that looks like:

"Wanted something they didn't have and owner convinced me he did most of his business by "special order." I placed a special order with him and was expected to pay in full. Said it would take a week.

One month later, still no product.  Most products had been removed in the weeks between my visits.  When confronted about the order (which was never received), he became defensive and demanded I leave. "

Pretty generic complaint, sounds like maybe the whole thing is prose to me.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Faeries, Pixies and Fire

AUTHOR: Bruce - ()

I am distressed by this filing, but not surprised as similar filing was posted on Fetlife and sent to Adult Protective Services.  A former associate (not employee) has been posting these accusations in multiple venues.  She appears to be distressed because I plan to sell the business and would not sign it over to her, with no monetary consideration.  The business has, from the outset been a vehicle for father's bequest upon his passing.  I would not and could not legally give it away.

My father is 51% owner of this business and has been well cared for, for the past 7 years by myself.  APS asked him about these and numerous other accusations and stated that frankly the complaint was over-kill!  I have no reason to steal from him or any other person.

Speaking of stealing, we do a large amount of business in 'Special Order', but never demand full payment - policy is 50% deposit.  If an item is not available, we inform customers and either give credit or substitute. It is policy to normally not give refund, but not out of the question.

As for pill-popping, I take small dose pain pills most days due to debilitating spinal arthritis under doctors supervision and yes I do plan to retire to Costa Rica some day!