Complaint Review: apex

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By: Ken Dudley — Powers Oregon United States of America
apex
226 Dean A. McGee Avenue Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

apex The American Precious Metals Exchange keep my money and did not ship coins, repeated efforts to get my money back has failed held my money while price of silver went up Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Paypal?

I paid for a purchase of silver coins and used my wifes credit/debit card Apmex said they could not send me the silver because the name on the order did not match my card, the addresses were the same as was everything else except the first name my wifes name. They are still holding onto my funds saying paypal will not allow them to refund. I cannot put a claim in at paypal till they complete the transaction. Apmex refuses to do this, So my money hangs in limbo. They did this because I bought when the price of silver was down the day I bought, and silver has gone up nearly $2.00 a oz. This is fraud. I want everyone to understand that this company is someone who you should buy from, use caution buying from them. Do your research and you will see they are not very honest. I wish I would have checked on them better before I got burned by them.
  Ken
  Powers,Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/apex/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73102/apex-The-American-Precious-Metals-Exchange-keep-my-money-and-did-not-ship-coins-repeated-806202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on apex

Paypal?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I've been buying from APMEX for several years without a hitch.  Like all precious metals dealers, they are very meticulous about payment.  If the name on the order doesn't match the name on the card, I'm not surprised that they would reject it.

One thing that confused me about your report is the mention of Paypal.   I've never known APMEX to accept Paypal as a form of payment.   I just checked their site and there's no mention of Paypal being an accepted form of payment.   How did Paypal get involved in the transaction?