Complaint Review: Appera Whitening

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, April 05, 2005

• Reported By:portland Oregon
Appera Whitening
1000 North Bristol Street, Suite 17-328 Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Appera Whitening RIPOFF DELIBERATELY MISLEADS REFUSED REFUND EXTREMELY RUDE SNEERING REPRESENTATIVE IT'S A SCAM Newport Beach California

*Author of original report: *THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY, RESOLVED SATISFACTORILY

Their text is DELIBERATELY misleading and their policy is borderline illegal. They specifically said I had until 3/25 to cancel, and I cancelled on 3/25. But after I did they refused to refund my money, claiming that I cancelled one day late.

They stopped returning my emails and when I spoke to a representative he was rude and antagonizing. He refused to let me speak to anyone else. He literally had a sneering "bring it on" kind of attitude.

They advertise their offer as a 14 day free trail, and tell you when you enroll that you have until a certain date to cancel, but when you do, they point you to some fine print that says you must cancel earlier than they originally claimed.

Clearly they make money off people by telling them they have until a certain day to cancel when they sign up, and then state a different day in their fine print.

As for the product itself: it almost immediately made my teeth ache, and I had to discontinue use. Since I don't normally have sensitive teeth I was very surprised by how much it hurt.

This company and it's policies and bad service are unethical at best. They can say that their service is "legal" by pointing to their fine print, but they deliberately mislead consumers as to how long they have to cancel and probably make a lot of money this way. They already have an "F" rating with the better business bureau, which shows that they have 12 complaints against them that they are ignoring. More people need to spread the word against them and hold them accountable for ripping people off.

Jessica
portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2005 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appera-Whitening/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Appera-Whitening-RIPOFF-DELIBERATELY-MISLEADS-REFUSED-REFUND-EXTREMELY-RUDE-SNEERING-REPRE-137089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appera Whitening

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

Although they refused at first, in the end Appera refunded my money. Here is the email letting me know:

"Jess,

I did respond to your email yesterday letting you know that I have issued a full refund to your account. I am sorry for your negative experience with our company and truly apologize for the way you were treated. This is definitely not the way we do business.

You did cancel your membership late (as per the terms) but I have made an exception to your account and have authorized this one time refund. When the three month supply does arrive (if it has not already) please simply write return to sender on the package.

Again, I am sorry for your negative experience and surely hope that you will revoke your complaints from both the BBB and Rip-Off-Report.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please do contact me directly at 714.426.4513 or via email at custserv@apperacs.com.