Complaint Review: Appera Whitening

• Submitted: Mon, March 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2005

• Reported By:Post Falls Idaho
Appera Whitening
15143 Woodlawn Ave Tustin, California U.S.A.

Appera Whitening ripoff and unpleasant receptionist Tustin California

*Author of original report: New Update-They are correct

*Author of original report: Updated-They are not correct

*Author of original report: Final is Bad News upheld in court

On Feb 17, 2005 I purchased a sample of this product for $6.95. Unbeknownest to me there was small print that required that I cancel my membership within two weeks or receive a subsciption charge of $89.95. In fact I sent an email on February 19 saying that I did not want to continue this program and to cancel my membership.

However their cancellation evdently requires that I use their special form that is on line. Since I did not cancel using thier form I was charged the full rate and enrolled into their program. I did cancel my account with a telephone call and did receive an email that acknowledged it on 3/19/05!! (what happened to the required form?) I was asked if there was anything else that could be done to keep me as a member. I answered nothing just do not charge me for the membership which I do not want.

Today on March 21 I received a package in the mail. It contained three more bottles of Appera Whitening!! I again called to inquire about this and was told in no uncertain manner that there would not be any refunds and that I had to pay for this product. I pushed but was again told that the authorities would side with Appera because it was written in their offer.

The only thing I can say about this is BUYER BEWARE. Do not get involved with their company. It cost me $89.95 that I did not plan to spend. At this time I am considering cancelling my credit card where it was charged on and having them sue me for the money. However that is a real hassle and I am not sure it is worth it.

Mike
Post Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2005 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appera-Whitening/Tustin-California-92780/Appera-Whitening-ripoff-and-unpleasant-receptionist-Tustin-California-135863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appera Whitening

New Update-They are correct

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

After going back and reading the offer I have found where the provision is to be charged $89.97 if you do not cancel within two weeks. It is in the small print of the conditions that almost no one ever reads. Please do so and do not get involved in this unless you are prepared to spend the $89.97. This company seems to pride itself on being able to conclude this type of business. I do not like it but it is legal (if not perfectly ethical)

Updated-They are not correct

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I have reviewed the advertisement for Appera and there is not any place in the ad where it refers to a continuing cost if you do not cancel within a certain period of time. That is on their web site but not in the advertisement. I got stuck for the $89.95 for the three months of product but would hate to see anyone else get caught up in the slight of hand.

Final is Bad News upheld in court

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

After complaining about this to the receptionist she said that they had been upheld in court and that I would have to pay. Sure enough they disputed my charge back on the credit card and because it was in the small print that the product was non refundable I was stuck. This cost me over $87!! Please do not do business with these people. They are deceitful