• Report: #197528

• Submitted: Wed, June 21, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 21, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Apple Finance Company - FundingWay.com - Auto Credit Express
9510 North Fwy Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Apple Finance Company - FundingWay.com - Auto Credit Express ripoff Bait and switch over car loan Houston Texas

I have bad credit due to bad health, etc, and I found this company on the internet and applied for a loan.

A few days later a woman named Jill called and told me that I was approved for up to $23,000 loan with no down payment. She said they work with 18 dealers. I told her I wanted a new car and something about my situation. I asked about the interest rate and she said I'd have to come for an appointment to find out.

I searched all over the internet to find out about them but didn't find anything but their website and all these 'testimonials'.

I went today, drove 60 miles, spent money I don't have on the tollway, spent over an hour there, was treated badly and my questions were not answered until I got there.

Also when I got there it was a used car lot! Hot trailer, everything. I called a Saturn salesman and told him and he said that it might be a 'note lot'. They sell you a car with a high payment and if you are 1 second late with the payment, they repossess and sell it to another mark.

They made me fill out *another* application and faxed it to the 'bank'. Finally, they told me what was really going on. I didn't get a $23,000 loan, but an $8,000 loan. The loan I did get didn't cover tax, title, and license, the 'dealers' they worked with sounded like used car dealers (I had made it clear I wanted a new car).

He said it would be a used car, 2003, but that he'd have to find one and have me come get it. And the tax, title, and license would be a problem.

I was furious and left, as I am on disability and sick and didn't need to go there. I almost left when I got there but the Saturn salesman said to stick around and make sure it was what he thought it was.

So, I went there under the impression that I had the loan, which usually includes tax, title, and license, and I would have no down payment. And it would be a new car and they had dealers I could work with (and the Saturn Salesman said he could take any bank loan, but this wasn't a loan). So, bait and switch.

Jennifer
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2006 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple-Finance-Company-FundingWaycom-Auto-Credit-Express/Houston-Texas-77037/Apple-Finance-Company-FundingWaycom-Auto-Credit-Express-ripoff-Bait-and-switch-over-c-197528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple Finance Company - FundingWay.com - Auto Credit Express

comedy