Complaint Review: Apple Ford

• Reported By: AggrievedTenant — New York New York
Apple Ford
8800 Stanford Blvd Columbia, Maryland USA

Apple Ford Refused to return automobile Columbia Maryland

Apple Ford auto repair is the definition of a rip-off. On 8/20/14 I dropped my car of for a routine diagnostic for $100. After recieving a repair estimate for over $3000, which included $1100 for new tires and $1050 or brakes, I made arragements at a much cheaper auto shop because they refused to adress my issue until I made these purchases. Apple Ford service manager, Curtis Ford, refused to return my vehicle citing that it was unsafe and because all the mechanics left for the day, even though the service center was still open. I then demanded the return of my vehicle and asked if the vehicle was in the same condition it was in when I dropped it off. Mr. Ford refused to answer. Curtis then tried to force me to sign a disclaimer that the vehicle was unfit to be driven as a condition for taking it home. Mind you, my car is registered in the state of New York and another Ford dealership had inspected my tires and brakes 3 months prior so I could recieve a New York inspection sticker, which states that my vehicle is safe for travel. [continued below]....

After refusing to sign the disclaimer because Curtis would not gurantee that my vehicle was being returned in the same condition that it was when it was dropped off, I decided to call the police. I waited in the repair area for over an hour before a captain arrived and secured my keys. This is a criminal offense in the state.

2010 Maryland Code
Subtitle 2 - Unlawful Use of Goods
Section 7-202 - Misappropriation by bailee.

§ 7-202. Misappropriation by bailee.

(a)  Prohibited.- A bailee for hire, or a servant, agent, or employee of the bailee, may not willfully appropriate and use, or allow the appropriation and use of, any property that is the subject matter of the bailment without the consent of the owner of that property.

(b)  Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding $100 or both.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple-Ford/Columbia-Maryland-21045/Apple-Ford-Refused-to-return-automobile-Columbia-Maryland-1171222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple Ford