assured

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: RachaelO — Fort Myers Florida
Applegate Property Management
252 S. Knowles New Richmond, Wisconsin USA

Applegate Property Management Took rent out of my checking account when no longer renting with them. Still no refund or return of deposit. New Richmond Wisconsin

THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE!!!! We lived in one of their townhomes for two years. We set up our rent to be taken out of our checking account automatically to make sure we never forgot. We believe you should leave a place better than what you found it, and that is what we did. So now comes the time to move....

While we still lived there, them trying to organize a showing was a complete disaster. I had to laugh because a few times they would call and ask me if I knew about a showing later that day! Oh well. About 10 days before the end of the month/lease, the office called and was wondering if we knew when we would be leaving. I let them know we are pretty flexible since our new place is available and we should be out a few days early. Tuesday comes around and they call and ask if I am able to do a walk through with them and the owner of the property before Labor Day weekend. Wednesday night the new tenants stopped by with their kids to check out their soon to be new place. Thursday morning comes, and when I say we left this place sparkling, that is a understatement :) Applegate and the owner stopped by to do the walk through and they said everything was good to go. At this time I gave the office staff person all the keys, garage openers and a letter that they needed to cancel our ACH along with our new address. (Our exit paperwork stated we need to write this)  As we were leaving, he called the office to tell them to have the new tenants pay the remainder of the month and he will drop off the keys so they could move in that day.

So after the holiday weekend, I was checking our bank account and guess what...THEY TOOK RENT OUT AND WE WERE NOT LIVING THERE! I called them and and they said they never got my letter. I told them who I gave it to and when. Less than a minute later they said they had it, but didn't receive it in time. Not my fault you misplaced it. I then asked them to put the money back in as fast as they took it out and they said they cannot do that. The only way it could be refunded is they would add it on to the return of our security deposit, not to be mailed for almost three weeks. I am not a person to get easily angered but this was horrible customer service.

We called the office again after we should have received it and they said the mailed it to our old address. WHAT!?! We gave you our new address you ding-a-lings! Even if you did, we have mail forwarding. I  told her it was on the letter we gave to them and I got the some response, "We did not received it in time." We have called multiple times, and still no check! Now they want us to email them our concerns. I emailed them two days ago and no response. Not surprising though. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applegate-Property-Management/New-Richmond-Wisconsin-54017/Applegate-Property-Management-Took-rent-out-of-my-checking-account-when-no-longer-renting-1089122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applegate Property Management