Complaint Review: April Stanley Photograhpy

• Reported By: Anonymous — Helena Alabama
April Stanley Photograhpy
117 Suffolk Dr. Madison, Alabama USA

*General Comment: Overkill

All I can say is wow, for someone whom I thought would be great to hire to do my engagement photos and wedding photos what a total and utter let down. I have not been a bridezilla by any means. I've had several changes that I had to make to accommidate everyone including changing the initial wedding date down to the color of the shirts the groom and groomsmen are wearing. I took it all in stride and didn't make a big deal about it.

Yes, I've waitiing a long time to have this wedding but, I didn't see the need to worry about matching shoes for the bridesmaids or the groomsmen. However, there comes a point when ones expectations for service should be met!

April Stanley Photography has not met any of my needs. First off if you take pictures of people you should understand you are looking at them they are not looking in a mirror. If you see someone's hair needs to be brushed through again or pulled back in a ponytail due to the humidity then say so!

It's your job to not only find a good shot but, to be the eyes of the people you are photographing. For instance, I would hope if a booger is hanging out of someones nose you would say so. The same goes with a ladies hairstyle. April didn't do any of that.

I complained to April that my hair didn't look it's best nor did some of the pictures she took where I was sitting down look good. I'm a plus size bride and one doesn't photograph a plus size girl the same as a skinny girl. There are angles and lighting that help to compliment the subject. That is a photographers job to find the right lens shot that makes the person look her best. Instead of taking this feedback and trying to fix the problem she doesn't respond!

The next afternoon I apologize and say I'm not saying it's your fault but my hair didn't look it's best and some of the shots didn't flatter my body type. She then comes back and say "Its ok...I'm just sad you aren't happy with them...If you decide to get someone else to do your wedding, I understand. I guess I'm just not good at posing for your body type. i don't know..." Okay, so now I feel like this entire situation has been pushed off on me as if it's my fault! Not to mention this is the last thing I bride wants to hear weeks before her wedding!

At this point I don't feel comfortable having her do the wedding because she has basically told me she didn't want to do it. I told her I got it and found someone else. She didn't mail my disk even though she knew my wedding was approaching fast. Granted I hadn't paid her for the disk yet but at this point I felt she should have given it to me for free. She took 300 shots that of which she gave me about 28 to 30 pictures and of those I can use maybe 10 photos if I'm lucky. I don't hear from her at all. Nothing...no text to say do you need a payment plan? Can I do a reshoot since you weren't happy? Can I give you a discount? Nothing that is accommidating to me at all!

Instead a week later she asked me if she is still doing my wedding which confused me because I had already told her I got it. I guess I could have been more clear but, she hadn't been very clear with me. She complained I didn't call her that I texted her. It was always my fault. Take some responsibility here. I'm your client you pick up the phone. I'm paying you not the other way around!

She then proceeds to tell me after quoting me a price of $125 that since we are not friends...(Note: we have known each other for years. But she used the friends card when it applied to her and when it applied to me I was to be treating this as a business transaction. She raised the price of the disk from $125 to $217 all because she told me to find someone else and I did!

I was forced to pay in order to have some form of pictures at my wedding and I feel totally taken! She didn't offer a reshoot! She didn't offer a discount! She raised the price after I was clearly unhappy with the end result...are you kidding me? I own a service business. I don't understand her way of thinking.

When I told her I didn't have the money right away could she send the disk she was like this is a business I don't do that! Really, but it was okay for her to pry into my life after I decided to find someone else and ask me who I was getting to do the wedding photos. Then when I ignored her question trying to keep it professional as she requested I get...I thought we were friends.

One can't play the friend card when it benefits them and then try and keep it professional when it doesn't! Grow up and learn how to do business with people. It's easy when everyone fawns all over your pictures but, it's not so easy when they don't. You still have to put your pride aside and fix the problems! That is your job not mine!

I'm sorry that you are not qualified to photograph everyone. The world is made up of all types of bodies so I would suggest you learn! Step one...take feedback be in negative or positive and learn to be a better photograhpher. I never expected this type of behavior from April. All I can say is rethink hiring someone who acts so unprofessional! She claims she mailed my pictures on Saturday...today is Thursday and no pictures! My wedding is next Saturday! She dropped the disk off in a UPS drop box. So not appropriate...it should have been shipped priority mail after she charged me more. I can't believe this. No tracking number...no proof at all she even mailed it to me. NOT GOOD SERVICE AT ALL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/April-Stanley-Photograhpy/Madison-Alabama-35757/APRIL-STANLEY-PHOTOGRAPHY-JUST-SAY-I-DONT-IF-YOU-NEED-PICTURES-TAKEN-DONT-HIRE-THIS-1080277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on April Stanley Photograhpy

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Rebuttal - ()

I believe this is overkill.  Forget about Bridezilla!  You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear is the way I always heard it told.  If you aren't a pretty bride, no photographer in the world can make you pretty.  This sow couldn't get Hollywood to make her look attractive!!