contrary

• Reported By: anonymous — CARROLLTON Texas
APT Staffing
4560 Belt Line Rd Ste 402 Addison, Texas USA

APT Staffing Run, don't walk, away if you get contacted by them. Addison Texas

*Author of original report: Weaving the web of lies.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Flunked test

I responded to job advertisement that was clearly listed by title and job description at a certain wage. I was contacted by Christine that the employer would want to see me. She brought me in, had me fill out an application where I listed the job title and the advertised wage as what I would be williing to accept.

After visiting the actual company, I quickly realized that this was NOT the job that was initially advertised. This particular job was closer to my actual skillset outlined in my resume, and not the entry level type employment I was lead to believe. After having a pleasant meeting with the actual company, I was sent home and proceeded to contact Christine about my interview experience.

She asked me how I felt about the company, and the people I met. I stated that the job seemed a good fit, and I liked what I saw, however... I mentioned that I was not being interviewed for the job I was brought in for, and that I felt the pay level should be reviewed.....  Well, you'd think that I insulted Christine's mother, and pushed her baby down the stairs... She immediately became overly defensive, and practically yelled at me that I was brought in for x amount of dollars, and that was all I was going to get. I eventually said okay, and ended my call with her.

I was a bit angered by the whole situation, and proceeded to ignore all future phone calls and emails from her, and essentially slept on it for the weekend. I finally caved in, and called her back a few days later, she informed me that the company did want me, and that I could start in a couple of days. In  the time being, I did have an interview for another company, which I favored due to distance from home, and that it wasn't being misrepresented. I finally informed Christine that I would not be going to work for her company, and this made her come unglued.

The tone in her emails were condescending, insulting and down right rude. Any possible professionalism she may have seemed to portray was now far removed. She then practically admits to me that she knew it was a higher level job than I initially applied for, and that I was to show up to work on my first day, to be assessed for something bigger. Right. The truth is, APT receives your wages from the employer. APT then skims their cut, and cuts you a paycheck. Her goal was to get me into a higher paying job, in order to line her own pockets.

Generally, a temp agency reaps a finders fee from the main company. So you can say that she 'Baits and switches' you, collects her head hunter fee, and then collects on your hourly wage until the company chooses to hire you on as a permanent employee.

I am not the first to run into this, a search on Yelp showed another person was also lured in with this bait and switch technique. I'm also sure I won't be the last, but hopefully people will search sites like this, Yelp and Google and read the reviews. Christine is not here to help you. She is here simply to scam you, and line her pockets. I understand that these companies make money off of hiring you, but her tactics are seriously unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/APT-Staffing/Addison-Texas-75001/APT-Staffing-Run-dont-walk-away-if-you-get-contacted-by-them-Addison-Texas-1101036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on APT Staffing

Weaving the web of lies.

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

At the very least, that was a laughable rebuttal. The only drug test I would ever fail, would be one that tests for ibuprofen. I have always had far better uses for my hard earned money, than to spend it on illegal drugs. The hair follicle test that I had to take for my current employment seems to support that fact. Anyone can buy a chemical to enable them to beat a urine analysis, but there is no sure fire way to beat a hair follicle test.

As to a criminal background, sure, you unveiled an arrest report from over 2 decades ago. Good job. Who wasn't a kid a once. That doesn't make one a 'criminal', as you stated.

I do have to thank you for one thing. Had you not been the con artist I described in my initial report, I would have never have followed up with my current employment. A company that performed a criminal background check and sent me for the hair follicle test, at the same time you claimed that I was an unemployable drug abusing criminal. So thanks, I'm glad I passed up a chance to earn you money and get paid a meager 24k per year. I'm much happier earning 70k

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Flunked test

AUTHOR: Christine - ()

In response to this anonymous report, there was only one person who interviewed with the company referenced in this report who did NOT recieve a written offer for a job.  That person flunked both the criminal background and the drug test so while we are terribly sorry that the candidate is angered enough to lie about the circumstances, we have to have rules and we have to abide by our customers needs and desires.  In this case they did not want a criminal with a positive drug test working in their office.