Complaint Review: Aquacon / Aqua Connection

• Updated: Wed, November 06, 2013

• Reported By: aquasoofi — Orlando Florida
Aquacon / Aqua Connection
5401 NW 102nd Ave Ft. Lauderdale, Florida USA

Aquacon / Aqua Connection aquacon, Aquatic Connection, Aqua Connection DO NOT WORK AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: contact Info on AQUACON

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: its worse than you think

***DO NOT WORK AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!

Working with Aquacon was the worst experience I ever had when ordering online. ($600 + purchase)

They have absolutely no regard to customer satisfaction but most of all do not take it seriously when it comes to delivering items as promised. I ordered 75lbs Premium Fiji rock x-large and large pieces. They sent me a bunch of flat pieces of rock. I told them about the issue and they said “we can fix this and we will send you a new box. I think your order was mixed up with someone else.” I was happy until two weeks later I come home to find they only sent 25lbs of medium size rocks that included one actual good rock and the rest small and flat pieces.

I tried my best working with them by reaching out but they delay their responses so that week’s go by. They never wanted to come to a resolution. I offered to exchange all the rocks and send the old ones back but they would not help. They would not give me a refund or give me an address to mail back the rocks.

Step by Step Story.

- I ordered and paid for 75 lbs of Premium Fiji Live Rock Large and X- Large

- I received an "incorrect batch probably", as stated by Aquacon over the phone during our last conversation. The batch I received was 75 lbs and looks like the assortment Flat pieces. Not even close to what I ordered or close to what is depicted on your site.

- Aquacon told me over the phone that I "probably received the wrong batch and you would send a new box to compensate for my order and to correct the error".

- Then I received 25 lbs of small and medium size pieces. Again, this order was still incorrect and included flat pieces. I am okay with the medium pieces because I asked for this size. There is a price difference in x-large and large pieces from medium and small pieces, correct? I was never given the difference for this.

- I've emailed Aquacon countless times and they had taken weeks to reply to any of my emails and the final email is basically saying, “Why should we refund your money, there is nothing wrong”

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aquacon-Aqua-Connection/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33351/Aquacon-Aqua-Connection-aquacon-Aquatic-Connection-Aqua-Connection-DO-NOT-WORK-AQUACO-1097463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aquacon / Aqua Connection

#1 Consumer Suggestion

contact Info on AQUACON

AUTHOR: Dennis Bargamian - ()

Here is the Info that might help you get some satissaction.

Owners names are

Jared RATOFF

3940 56th ave Suite # 207

hollywood FL

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

its worse than you think

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

i worked there. i wont say when but i don work there anymore. i dont know of anyone who left the company on good terms and i saw lots of people come and go. there are more disgruntledd former employees from aquacon then there is happy customers

the site list a bunch of live rock, but they only get a couple kinds in. the person packing rock is actually told by the owner weather to use branchy or non branchy looking pieces of whatevers in the pile. if shelf rock they look for flat pieces of non branchy. on rare occasions a shelf rock order might be lucky enough to receive a spraypainted cement slab that kinda sorta is closer to what the site says.

none of its cured eitherr like they say to people. most sits in boxes forever. sometimes they may pull small pieces from a couple tanks or sumps but otherwise your getting rock covered in dead stuff that they made no effort to clean

dont even get me goin bout what happens if you need refunds. or any of the other stuff that goes on. i am genuinely afraid to speek out any further cause the owner and his wife tend to get crazy toward anylone they think is a enemy. and there are lots. lots of people in the indjustry who wanna see this store closed cause they dont do anything p;rofessionally