Complaint Review: ARA Inc

• Submitted: Tue, October 08, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: Tony the tea... — Albuquerque New Mexico
P O Box 5002 Villa Park, Illinois USA

ARA Inc. P.O. Box 5002 Villa Park, IL 60181 They have similiar names and notifications coming out of Buena Park, California. Basically some off A debt statement to Chase Manhattan Bank, payable to ARA Inc. "directly". Villa Park Illinois

*Author of original report: What Goes On Here!

*Consumer Suggestion: Talk to the right people and A.R.A will have second thoughts about contacting you ever again

Notice: On October 5, 2013 I received a letter stating that I owed a large amount of money to Chase Manhattan Bank, and that ARA Inc. is now the "legal owner of this assumed debt"!  ARA's File No. is  1321101-01.

I've never heard of this company or LLC, from Illinois, but...............I have received similiar letter notification from another co-associated company which is in partnership with the above one.  The California company or Inc. is located in:  Buena Park/Fullerton/La Habra, California - which is in Orange County.

Their letter basically told me the same thing.  Either way it is an attempt to collect a debt, unknown to me, and in the large amount of:  $16,620.09 which they state is due immediately, or else!

I consider this a threat and intimidation.  If they are lawyers, they should know better than to go threatening people.  Obviously, the very 1st thing I would do is hire a lawyer, if they pursue what they state to me in this received letter.

The present letter received from back East in Illinois, is electrically signed by a:  Mark Farmer.   I don't know any Farmers, and of course I've never lived in a farm either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA-Inc/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/ARA-Inc-PO-Box-5002-Villa-Park-IL-60181-They-have-similiar-names-and-notifications-1090402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA Inc

What Goes On Here!

AUTHOR: - ()

Please Note:

I never submitted this report at all.  My report was the following:

Marty/Martin Robertson  (or)  Marty/Martin Robertosn are "imposter and alias' names this person is/has used

in New Mexico, and possibly in Oklahoma.  He has also sold automobile parts to a person in Georgia thru Pay Pal.

He was paid thru PayPal, but the person in Georgia never got the auotomobile parts.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Neveragain - ()

Hi, I recently had a very similar experience with A.R.A, with the calls and the threats of wage garnishments and such from a Bank of America account they claimed was mine. I had an account with BoA 15 years ago at least, this phone call from Tammy Blomberg informed me that I owed $13,350.78, $7000 of which was interest. The account number listed on their email looked as if it were an old credit card number and I never had a credit card with BoA.

They had me believing that I owed this money and I even was stupid enough to give them my debit card number to pay a settled amount of $2600. Afterwards I thought about it, I did research and I called an attorney in my local area by the name of Robert Peters, he in turn contacted a business associate, another attorney in Illinois by the name of Michael Agruss. Michael and I spoke about the harrassment and the threats, he had me consent to retain his services at no charge and I agreed. In one email to A.R.A from Mr. Agruss A.R.A stopped any payments to be taken from my account plus they pulled my information from there system.

There are laws that protect consumers from scams like this from collection agencies, you just have to look for help. In some instances you can have money awarded to you from these collection agencies for violating the collection laws.

Mr. Agruss's toll free number in Illinois is: 888-572-0176.