Complaint Review: archivefee.com

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Atlantan — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
archivefee.com
San Antonio, Texas United States of America

archivefee.com myinfobill.com. Under multiple names this organization searches public records for death, marriage, criminal, civil, et al records San Antonio, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 2nd Response to Atlanta

*Author of original report: myinfobill withholds refund

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ArchiveFee.com Response

This is a scam. They offer to search records for $1.00 but invariabally charge unsuspecting consumers $19.95 and, in some cases, $200.00. They are very difficult to hunt down in terms of an address or phone number. I demaned a refund three times and, of course they promised me one, but it never materialized. I called my bank and they have never seen anything amounting to a refund. The bank tried to contact them but informed that that the phone number they listed was no longer valid.

After finding multitudes of others being scammed I did some research and found the name of the company appearing on my credit card "myinfobill.com" and a phone number 866-434-4253. I also found an IP address: 69.20.95.4 and a home address of San Antonio Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/archivefeecom/San-Antonio-Texas-/archivefeecom-myinfobillcom-Under-multiple-names-this-organization-searches-public-reco-998154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on archivefee.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

2nd Response to Atlanta

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

I apologize again for your dissatisfaction with our company. Again please contact me and we can work this out. I want to ensure you get refunded and the charges stop.

Customer Service Manager
josh@archivefee.com

myinfobill withholds refund

AUTHOR: Atlantan - (United States of America)

In spite of many promises for a refund since Januiary 9th and one including in a rebuttal herein I have not received a refund. I have sent these people a copy of credit card statement which clearly shows the charges and NO REFUND.

This organization is very large and I have found a Denver address. I am writing the Georgia Attorney General and I wonder if there are other consumers with personal experience who are interested in taking legal action against this organization. There are ample complaints on this site and others to justify action. The story is always the same: no authorization for recurring charges of at least $19.95. This is looking like fraudulent activity to me.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ArchiveFee.com Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Atlantan,

Please email josh@archivefee.com for an immediate response regarding a refund request. I apologize for any inconvenience and I would like to fix this situation for you.

Josh F.