Complaint Review: archivefee.com

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: WandaS — Olive Branch Mississippi United States of America
archivefee.com

archivefee.com I realized it was a rip-off after waiting about 7 min. for an Obituary report then nothing came up. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service Response

I responded on-line to receive an obituary for my father. The indicated cost for the report was to be $1.00. After quite a few minutes involving many prompts from archivefee.com such as "continue for report" and "step 1", step 2" and on and on, I was directed to send my credit card information for the $1.00 charge.

After about 7 minutes, no report came up. I clicked on the Customer Service Live chat button. I told April that I filled in all the information they requested-even doing the credit card deal for $1. She said the original search was not accepted. She said I needed to re-enter the search information upon my first login. I did as she suggested and the same thing happened. No report came up. I realized then that this is a scam. I even went back to Customer Service and this time talked to Alex. Guess what?? They must be a computer because the exact same information came up, same wording, etc. Except this time Alex said, When purchasing your Public Records report you signed up for the $19.95 payment plan mentioned on our website. I did not sign up for anything else.

The end result of my experience with archivefee.com was a charge for $19.95 and then an additional charge for $1.00.  The $1.00 charge was the only one I had agreed to. Alex said they would close my account, void and remove the remaining charges of $19.95. I checked my bank account online this morning and both charges are on there. I had the bank to close that account and send me a new debit card.  Also, no report of any type was forthcoming, only the charges for what appears to me to be a rip-off. I will dispute the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/archivefeecom/internet/archivefeecom-I-realized-it-was-a-rip-off-after-waiting-about-7-min-for-an-Obituary-rep-1001170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on archivefee.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear WandaS,

I apologize for any inconveniences you have encountered. Please email josh@archivefee.com and I can help get you a refund. Thank you.

Josh F.