Complaint Review: argosy university online chicago

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: mygirl33 — celina Tennessee United States of America
argosy university online chicago
chicago, Illinois United States of America

argosy university online chicago i lack one class finishing my masters degree have a 3.0 and the college want let me finish chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I might be able to help.

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Consumer Comment: This makes no sense

Argosy university advisors never once told me there was a time limit on my degree. I had signed up to take my last class had spoken with my financial advisor and my academic advisor. Actually I was attending my last class submitting assignments was in my 3rd week when I received a letter from the university saying I had been withdraw from the school andf I could not appeal it. When I called my academic advisor and my financial advisor they had no idea that this was occuring. No one had spoken to me about this in the past, present or future. Had I been aware of this I would have taken this class last semester. If anyone knows of anyone who could help me please contact me. Now there saying I owe 3000.oo dollars or I can not get my transcripts to go to another school. Im so frustrated. This was my last class. I have never been treated so unfairly by a university before.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/argosy-university-online-chicago/chicago-Illinois-/argosy-university-online-chicago-i-lack-one-class-finishing-my-masters-degree-have-a-30-1007613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on argosy university online chicago

I might be able to help.

AUTHOR: Carol - ()

I know someone who experienced a similar situation. He has only one class left. He was also signed up and then recieved a letter of dismissal despite being told he was on track to graduation, your case is almsot identical. Please e-mail me at (((email redacted))) . I can tell you his story and maybe we can put some pressure on this university to stop being so opportunistic and disorgnanized.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

This is common practice in all graduate schools, online or traditional. The limit is usually five years. You didn't mention how long you've been in the program...

"I have never been treated so unfairly by a university before."
Sure you have. The one that let you get a Bachelor's degree with such poor command of the English language.  If I was the Registrar at Argosy, I wouldn't sign off on your graduation either.  It would be a big embarrassment!

This makes no sense

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I have no knowledge of online degrees but I see no reason you cannot finish your degree.  Contact the Dean and see if said person can help.