Complaint Review: Arkansas Motorcycle Safety

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Gil — Little Rock Arkansas
Arkansas Motorcycle Safety
1601 East 26th St. Little Rock, Arkansas USA

Arkansas Motorcycle Safety Dangerous Concerns & Instructor Abuse Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: Arkansas motorcycle safety course

Made a $200.00 payment for a 2-day safety course, but it was falsely advertised and I left within 3 hours. I voiced my concerns with the manager, but to no avail.

• The instructors and personnel at the facility were abusive and ignored safety concerns.

• Motorcycles used in training were not street legal. Some of the motorcycles used did not have headlights or mirrors. The clutches were failing and would seize up dangerously while trying to shift at speed. The brakes did not work properly and would squeal while trying to stop. The choke/horn/turn signal assembly on my motorcycle’s handlebars was loose and was about to fall off the handlebars.

• Several of the students voiced concerns about the operation of the motorcycles, but the instructor ignored these complaints.

• I have been riding motorcycles for several years, so I am not inexperienced. The motorcycle I was riding on was 29 years old and had over 110,000 miles on it, which is excessive for a motorcycle.

The course was dangerous and the advertising for it was false. I asked for a refund from the manager, but he refused. I asked to speak to his supervisor, but he said he was the “only guy in the nation” who I could talk to.

In a bad area of town. The location was in between two old abandoned warehouses.

I found out later that the "manager" of AMS is actually on payroll with the Arkansas State Police, and has developed this semi-private contract with the State in order to create a side revenue.

I have not yet been able to get a refund for this, but will continue trying.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arkansas-Motorcycle-Safety/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72206/Arkansas-Motorcycle-Safety-Dangerous-Concerns-Instructor-Abuse-Little-Rock-Arkansas-1139013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arkansas Motorcycle Safety

Arkansas motorcycle safety course

AUTHOR: John - ()

Just finished my motorcycle safety course with Arkansas motorcycle safety on 26 street. Although I am fairly worn out from 2 1/2 days of training. I truly believe I gained some valuable information from the very knowledgeable instructors that may indeed be the difference between life and death someday. I would recommend this course to any motorcycle enthusiasts begins and veterans alike !