Complaint Review: Around The Town Professional Movers

• Updated: Wed, August 05, 2009

• Reported By:Lawrenceville Georgia
Around The Town Professional Movers
Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Around The Town Professional Movers Dishonerable Business! They Broke/lost our furniture and broke our new front porch! Marietta Georgia

This moving company promised me a "maximum" moving rate of $600 after asking me for an itemized list of the things I had to move. 3 men showed up with a truck that they said was too small, and told me it would be 3-4 hours more than expected (also, $400 more!). They pulled me aside, apart from my husband, and told me that if we take care of them, they could change that. We tipped them $80, they ate the food and all of our daughter's juice from the refrigerator, and took the entire day to do the move. After they left, we discovered the front porch was broken (a brand-new stone porch), a wooden desk had a frame ripped off the front, a bookcase was missing 4 of 5 shelves, and a glass insert for a table was missing. When I called the company to politely ask for compensation, I was told there was no way the movers could have broken the porch. The manager, Natasha, even went so far as to say it should have been built better on a new house! Natasha asked me to send pictures, which I did, and I have been ignored ever since. The contract states I have 30 days to file a claim, so I can only assume they are trying to ignore me for that period so I will ahve no ground to stand on.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Anonymous
Lawrenceville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Around-The-Town-Professional-Movers/Marietta-Georgia-30067/Around-The-Town-Professional-Movers-Dishonerable-Business-They-Brokelost-our-furniture-a-476555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Around The Town Professional Movers