Complaint Review: Arrow Financial LLC

• Submitted: Fri, May 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 27, 2008

• Reported By:Rockville Virginia
Arrow Financial LLC
5996 Touhy Ave Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Arrow Financial LLC Arrow is a real winner Niles Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: It's such a scam!

Arrow appears to be on a roll with the Mellon/PNC Bank scam. I got a letter that said I owed Mellon/PNC Bank over 7K, but they would take my stimulus check and call it even. Because my record is spotless, I called PNC, no record of an account. I then contacted Arrow to find out what was going on and was told this was a debt from 1990 (in 1990, all my debt had been paid to the satisfaction of all creditors). I was told they had to prove nothing, they knew I owed the bank money and I had to prove I paid it off (a lie). When I confronted the rep with various facts (such as the the fact I had no debt in 1990, the SOL had expired on any debt back in 1990, etc), she got real short, gave me the number to "customer service" and hung up.

I immediately got copies of my credit reports (clean, other than an inquiry by Arrow) for a baseline. I faxed Arrow a cease and desist letter (with a little more verbage) and will be mailing a modified copy return receipt requested. I have contacted the IL A.G. and filed a base complaint and I will do the same with my home state A.G. if required. Since the fax, I have started receiving odd calls on my cell and work. The person asks, "who is this" and hangs up. My goal is to nip this before it gets out of hand... I am not one to be easily intimidated.

Dave
Rockville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2008 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arrow-Financial-LLC/Niles-Illinois-60714/Arrow-Financial-LLC-Arrow-is-a-real-winner-Niles-Illinois-334439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arrow Financial LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's such a scam!

AUTHOR: L. Troy - (U.S.A.)

Hi there,

I got that same letter a few weeks ago, and have since ordered copies of my credit report. I haven't seen anything on my Equifax and I'm still waiting for the others.

Like you, I have no record of a PNC/Mellon bank account, and if I ever did, it most likely would have been an account that was paid off and closed around 20 years ago.

I also didn't ignore the letter - I sent a demand for validation and proof of the debt and demand to cease communications, certified/return receipt. They got the letter so I consider them notified. Funny, though, I've been getting calls from an unidentified number around 4:30 and 9:30 each night. When I answer the phone someone just hangs up.

I found an excellent resource in budhibbs.com. The site also has links to attorneys who are members of National Association of Consumer Advocates - but hopefully things won't get that far.

Good luck with it!