Complaint Review: ARS National Services

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
ARS National Services
201 W Grand Avenue Escondido, California U.S.A.

ARS National Services FRAUD!! Harrassing phone calls from ARS regarding a debt that's NOT MINE!!! Escondido California

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't answer the phone

I keep getting phone calls (more than 7 calls a day) from Dave at ARS, harrassing me about a debt of over $7,000 that is not mine! He did ask for my ss# for confirmation, which I hesitated to give him, but ended up giving him the last four digits. He claimed that it was my debt because the name, date of birth and four digits of the social matched.

I then informed Dave that I did have my purse stolen some time ago, which contained my personal information, that is the only way that I can think that someone could have obtained my information to open an account with CitiBank. I obtained the police report and faxed it to Dave a couple times, and each time he claims that he did not receive it and that the account is now valid and my responsibility. He then made be a $4,000 offer to settle. I advised him that this was not my debt and I wasn't going to pay anything on this account. He then threatened to sue me and hung up on me.

This made me very leery of ARS and I contacted Citibank to get more information about this debt. They informed me that they do not have a record of me ever having an account with them??? The plot thickens.

I am still waiting for a copy of my credit report to see if this account is on there. But at this point I almost wish they would sue me. If anyone has any advice on how to deal with these people I sure would appreciate it.

Tania
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARS-National-Services/Escondido-California-92025/ARS-National-Services-FRAUD-Harrassing-phone-calls-from-ARS-regarding-a-debt-thats-NOT-263523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARS National Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't answer the phone

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

They harrassed me too for a debt that wasn't mine (same name different info). They Did until they sold the debt to another company. Then the new collector called me. I told them it wasn't mine and they haven't called back. NEVER give them your ss# or any info what so ever. You don't have too!!!! You can get a free credit report online and you don't have to wait.
ARS bought that debt and they want to get paid and they don't care from who they get the money from. They know its not you and they don't care. Don't fax them anything!!!