Complaint Review: ARS Rescue Rooter

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Craig — Boulder Colorado U.S.A.
ARS Rescue Rooter
15750 E Centretech Circle Aurora, CO 80011 Denver, Colorado United States of America

ARS Rescue Rooter ARS Rooter pipe bursting, replace sewer line Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Was The Guy Even A Licensed Plumber ??

*UPDATE Employee: ARS Rescue Rooter

My sewer line was backed up and I called them to clear it. They responded promply and couldn't clear it. Showed up the next day with a snake extension to 150'. That didn't clear it either. This part they were great and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. The problem came when the supervisor came to tell me I had a collapsed sewer line.

The supervisor came and ran a video camera down my sewer line. He led me to believe I had clay sewer line. He took me to the alley to locate exactly where the break was. He said it is accurate within 3'. I saw that the video equipment allowed you to record on a DVD. I told him I had a blank DVD and asked him if I could record it. He said he would have to charge me $375 to do that. He took his locator in the alley and said the break was in the middle of the alley and would require a rite of way permit. They could do a spot fix for around $8,500 or could replace all the old pipe for $10,000. He said if I didn't change out the entire sewer line, I could be repairing it yearly. If I let them replace with pipe bursting it would have a 50 year warranty. He said they offered financing and that I qualified for 4 different discounts.

I decided to hire just a regular plumber and dig up the sewer line next to the alley to see what we could see. Turns out that the break was not in the middle of the alley 15' away, but was on my property. The plumber was able to get the repair done within 7 hours and i'm back in operation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARS-Rescue-Rooter/Denver-Colorado-/ARS-Rescue-Rooter-ARS-Rooter-pipe-bursting-replace-sewer-line-Denver-Colorado-966811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARS Rescue Rooter

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Was The Guy Even A Licensed Plumber ??

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I'd be curious if he was a master plumber, a journeyman or a generic plumbing tech. I'm suspecting a tech. You have to wonder how many uninformed, scared people they take in with that pipe ruse.

ARS Rescue Rooter

AUTHOR: ARS Rescue Rooter - (United States of America)

We are committed to providing an exceptional service experience. Please contact us at (866) 803-0879 to help us better understand this specific situation.