poem

• Reported By: Fire Victim — Lansing Michigan
Art Van
Saginaw Street Lansing, Michigan USA

Art Van Furniture Store Lansing Michigan

I purchased a house and spent almost $20,000 dollars in furniture. I paid to have it delivered and set up.

So I had no oppurtunity to inspect the items.  I just assumed that they were new items.  Every year I checked the screws for a tabel that I bought.  Never were the legs loose or anything.  So I never expected it to be a bad item.

Well 2 years went by and now the leg broke.  I noticed that the leg had been glued.  I never did this!  So its clear that ART VAN sent me a used table!  I went in to confront them.  They said they would look into it and call me the next day.  They never did.  So I waited 2 days and then went in. Said whats up?!  They said they dont know why it was not looked at but they would do it today and call me tomorrow.  So I waited the next day.  Never called!! So I waited 3 days and then went in.  I said, look you promised my 2 times that you would call me the next day. You never did.

I have now found out that the table is not made anymore.  So there is nothing they can do.  But they can do a "half ass fix"  Their words not mine!  Also told me that it would cost $30.!!!!

I refused to pay! I said look you gave me bad customer service.  You should pay the $30! I also mentioned to him that  I had bought $20,000 and they should want to keep my business.  They threw me out of the store!!

I called and it took for ever to find a working number.  The lady would not help me.  I asked for a supervisor.  I think I pissed her off enough that she finally decided to pay to get it fixed but she would have to talk to the store  that I purchased at.  She did and then called me back.  She then said the store was willing to pay $15 and I would have to pay $15!!! What happen to her taking care of it????

Now they wont do anything!!!  ART VAN is a horrible company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Van/Lansing-Michigan-48917/Art-Van-Furniture-Store-Lansing-Michigan-1058992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Van