Complaint Review: Art Zulu NY

• Reported By: Obbie — Amsterdam Other
Art Zulu NY
260 West 39th Street 14th Floor New York New York, New York USA

Art Zulu, DO NOT trust Lora Flaugh New York New York

I was hired to work as an intern for Art Zulu. Since I live in Europe, it's a lot of work to apply for a visa, housing and complete all the necessary paperwork. When Lora Flaugh (founder) hired me, she was very kind and helpfull. She promised me a lot of work and payment. But when it came to keeping her promises, actually doing what she said she would or just responding to my emails..she became an entire different person.
I was almost done with my visa application, had found an appartment, paid for everything (she knew I did) she emailed me "she was not sure I could intern for them. but she would be in touch"
I had to hear from my visa sponsor (who had to call her because Lora did not contact her either) that Lora was not moving forward with my internship. Until this day Lora has not contacted me herself, and does not reply to my emails and or calls.

I should have known better, since there are a lot of bad reviews on Art Zulu on the internet, about them not paying their employees and freelancers. [continued below]....

.....
To the management: Don't make promised you know you cannot keep. You hurt a lot of people. Now, I don't have enough time to find a new internship and apply for a visa. I have nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 02:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-Zulu-NY/New-York-New-York-10018/Art-Zulu-DO-NOT-trust-Lora-Flaugh-New-York-New-York-1061845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art Zulu NY