Complaint Review: arvato digital services

• Submitted: Thu, January 14, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By: Brian — Paradise valley Arizona United States of America
arvato digital services

arvato digital services HP free windows 7 upgrade Getting the run around from this company Internet

I have been trying for 3 months to get the "free" Windows 7 upgrade for the HP laptop I bought in August from Arvato.  Apparently, HP contracted with Arvato to handle this service.  Within a week of Windows 7 arriving in stores, I dutifully submitted my information, including a $12 fee and proof of purchase for the "free" upgrade, to Arvato thru their website.  After waiting patiently for several weeks, I received an automatic e-mail saying my order had been cancelled.  I immediately called Arvato at 1-877-280-2279, and was told to ignore the e-mail.  The customer support person told me it was automatically generated and had been sent in error.  I waited a couple more weeks, and received a similar e-mail saying my order had been cancelled.  I called Arvato again, and asked for a supervisor, who told me he would personally take care of the isssue (he supposedly verified that I had sent in the correct proof of purchase and the $12 handling fee).  He told me to expect my shipment in 3-5 business days.  I then waited 10 business days, and no Windows 7.  I called Arvato again, again asked to speak to a supervisor, and was again told I would receive the product in 3-5 business days.  As of today, 10 days after that last call, I  still have not received my "free" upgrade, which at this point has cost me more in my time and frustration than Windows 7 Ultimate would have cost at retail.

If you have a choice, and I believe most consumers do, I would avoid Arvato like the plague- they clearly have no clue what they are doing, and apparently missed the sessions on customer service which are compulsory in most companies these days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/arvato-digital-services/internet/arvato-digital-services-HP-free-windows-7-upgrade-Getting-the-run-around-from-this-company-554431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on arvato digital services