Complaint Review: ascentive.com

• Submitted: Sun, January 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:Hingham Massachusetts
www.ascentive.com Internet U.S.A.

ascentive.com - FinallyFast.com Id Theft connected to payment process - software a fake to Internet

I bought their FinallyFast PC ScanPro because the free scan would not fix the registry error unless I did. I installed it. I had been having issues with the computer freezing and being particularly slow.

Then I bought the internet connection speed software. When I tried to pay for it with the very same credit card I had used for the PC ScanPro the site said it was invalid. I thought that was odd so I used another credit card, one which I usually never use.

Within the next 15 minutes I received a phone call. The phone message knew the last 4 digits of my credit card I used to buy the PC ProScan and said there was suspicious activity use for that card. To investigate it said they needed my social security number! I hung the phone up fast. Then 10 minutes after that I received another call except this time it was about the other credit card. Then I realized that the site was stealing credit card numbers and doing ID theft. Stay away from that site.

Hingham, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ascentivecom/internet/ascentivecom-FinallyFastcom-Id-Theft-connected-to-payment-process-software-a-fake-to-413505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ascentive.com