Complaint Review: Ashford University

• Updated: Wed, August 07, 2013

• Reported By: Tracey — Watertown New York
Ashford University
13500 Evening Creek Dr N, Ste 600SAN DIEGO, CA 921 Internet, Iowa USA

Ashford University Ashford University is refusing to release my bachelor degree transcripts even though I graduated summa cum laude and paid them in access of what I owed Internet (Clinton, Iowa) Iowa

Ashford University

Program: Bachelor of Arts

Major: Psychology Graduate

Major GPA: 4.00

Graduation date: April, 2012

I was told by my financial servicews advisor that I was required to pay $1,857.00 in addition to my graduation fee before my degree would be rewarded and my transcripts would be released. According to my records on file with Ashford everything was paid in full. Even so, Ashford refused to award my degree until I paid $1,857.00. I paid this after disputing it several times in order to apply for employment opportunities in the field.

After having little luck finding decent employment with this degree, I returned to work toward my masters in business administration. I ended up dropping out of the program due to time constraints. Ashford then billed me $3,510. for the one course I dropped. Additionally, they are refusing to release my undergraduate transcripts to other schools or places of potential employment. My undergraduate degree has been paid in full and then some, yet Ashford claims it is tied to my graduate studies.

This has greatly burdened my life and future. I am a single parent who worked full time while pursuing my degree. It took several years to accomplish and was very expensive. Worse or all, no one has been able to help me find a way to hold Ashford accountable and require them to release my undergraduate transcripts upon request.

I have contacted the Service Center for Loans, the NYS department of education and FASFA. All of which have told me to take it up with my school. Of course, this has not been a solution. Ashford continues to refuse my requests to release my transcripts.

I have been told by other universities that this is highly illegal yet I have found no means of correcting this situation.

If anyone has any information that can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashford-University/Internet-Iowa-internet/Ashford-University-Ashford-University-is-refusing-to-release-my-bachelor-degree-transcrip-1073878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashford University