Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: CompterAnim8 — Amherst New York
Ashley Furniture
575 Alberta Drive Amherst, New York USA

Ashley Furniture Protection Plan Fraud, wasn't given full disclosure on terms. Amherst New York

In October 2009, I purchased over $6,000 worth of new furniture from the Ashley store in Amherst, NY. The sales manager, Sean Nickson, sold me on the 5 year protection plan on the sectional couch and recliner. He said "if anything goes wrong in the next 5 years, just call up this number, give them your customer code, and they'll fix anything for you."

I never received any terms and conditions or was led to believe the protection plan didn't cover certain damages. I also wasn't told that I had to report damages within a certain time period. I filed a claim with the 3rd party warranty company, Montage, who quickly denied my claim saying the damage done wasn't covered under the protection policy and the claim wasn't submitted within 30 days. None of the paperwork I was given at the time of sale indicated anything along those lines.

On July 2nd, I called Montage and told them this and they directed me to call the store I did the transaction with because they were to provide me the terms at the time of sale. I called and spoke with the current manager at the Ashley store, James, and he was very apologetic and said that he would get this matter escalated to his regional manager and I would get a call back the next day. I received a call on July 3rd from Margie. She said she was from the corporate offices in Rochester, NY. I again explained my concern that I was never given any terms on the coverage policy and she said she would call Montage and review with them.

A few hours later, she called back saying there was nothing that could be done. She said the manufacture stopped making the product in 2011, she wouldn't offer me any other alternative for support or help.

My biggest issue is that no one at Ashley or Montage is taking ownership of the fact that I was never given the full terms and conditions at the point of sale, nor was I told the protection plan had limitations on it. I was sold a "5 year full protection plan" which turns out is nowhere close to what I actually am entitled to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/Amherst-New-York-14226/Ashley-Furniture-Protection-Plan-Fraud-wasnt-given-full-disclosure-on-terms-Amherst-Ne-1159349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture