Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: Curtis — Wake Forest North Carolina United States of America
Ashley Furniture
1 Ashley way Arcadia, Wisconsin United States of America

Ashley Furniture Sells Durablend as Leather and it peels, Had had my couch repaired 5 times Arcadia, Wisconsin

My wife and I purchased a Ahley "leather" sofa in Rolesville NC. after we got it home we had problems with the stiching coming out.  The store wear we bought it sent a repair company out to fix it.  Since we bought it we have had to have 5 total repairs.  The person who owns the repair company told us that "Durablend" is not leather, it is a polyurethane with a slury of 17% leather blend glued to an underlayment and covered with polyurethane and a imprint to make it look like leather.

Our sofa is crake3d and peal and looks awful, after the last repair the store told us that they are not able to get anymore repairs authorized, the material is discontinued.  The repair person informed me that this is a common problem with this material and that I should contact Ashley directly to try to get some resolution to this matter.

I contacted everyone I could find at Ashley, I received a call from Nancy who told me I had to contact the store where we purchased the couch and they would get a hold of the local rep to see what if anything they can do.  Nancy said it is an out of warranty and out of production model and she(sAshley Furnbiture) could not do anything.

When I asked her if the company stands behind their product, she was silent on the matter, and that I had to handle it at the store where I purchased the couch.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB Complaint Case#11076445(Ref#17-90008890-11076445-3-14100), and I intend to file a complaint with every source I can find until this matter is resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/Arcadia-Wisconsin-54612/Ashley-Furniture-Sells-Durablend-as-Leather-and-it-peels-Had-had-my-couch-repaired-5-tim-910340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture