Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Updated: Thu, April 15, 2010

• Reported By: Tina — Leicester North Carolina United States of America
Ashley Furniture
89 Tunnel Rd Asheville, North Carolina United States of America

Ashley Furniture Ashley Furniture - Asheville Company takes 3 months to repair furniture Asheville, North Carolina

I called the store in February stating my 3 pieces of living room furniture needed repair (cushions were becoming mis-shapen on furniture less than 1 year old). The repairman was scheduled to come by at 5 pm on 3/17/10. Terese Levalle called 3/15 to confirm the appointment.

When the repairman was almost 30 minutes late, I called the store. Therese called the repairman, Jay Kibby, and explained to me that Jay was not on the way because Jay  claimed he didn't get our repair order. Instead of rescheduling, we waited 1 1/2 hours for Jay to arrive.

Jay looked at the furniture and decided we needed all new cushions and stuffing. He put those on order and explained the cushions would be delivered to us and he would work us in on a Saturday, at my request.

When the parts arrived, I called the store to schedule a Saturday repair and Therese stated that Jay did not work on Saturday. I begged her to remind him that we were the customers he kept waiting. She called me back and explained to me that she did ask him and that he refused to work on his day off. We scheduled for 4/15.

When Jay arrived, he turned over the couch and discovered more extensive damage (he did not turn the couch over during his previous visit). The undersides of the seat covers were badly torn. Ultimately, he could not replace the cushions.

Terese said the seat covers weren't in stock and would take several weeks to arrive. She stated I'd have to wait until the parts arrived before scheduling another appointment, but I insisted. My next appointment is for 5/7/10.

Three months is an absurdly long time to wait for repair!

I would think a reputable company could do more to honor their warranty in a timely fashion. I would also expect them to work within my schedule (Saturday), since they kept me waiting such a long time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2010 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/Asheville-North-Carolina-/Ashley-Furniture-Ashley-Furniture-Asheville-Company-takes-3-months-to-repair-furniture-593643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture