Complaint Review: Ashley Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:TONEY Alabama
Ashley Furniture
4220 W. Schomer Suite 4. Huntsville, Alabama U.S.A.

Ashley Furniture Poor Quailty, Poor Customer Service Huntsville Alabama

My husband and I made our first major furniture purchase at Ashley Furniture July of 2007 for a sofa set for $1800.00. Within a week the sofa cushion lining in the center seat began bunching up underneath the surface of the initial fabric. The lump stuck up at least a inch from the seat, which was very unattractive. We called and a sofa technician came out to look at the sofa, which he agreed that this was indeed not normal. Ashley reorderd the sofa. Within three weeks of having the second sofa, the same thing happened. We called and again the sofa was reordered. The third sofa lasted about the same amount of time, and we went into the store to request our money back. Although the sales agreement stated "no refund", it did not state that consumers would be forced to keep defective furniture when it was the manufacturer's fault.

I did not think it was a fair practice to deny a refund after we had been so patient and had gone through 3 sofas in less than 4 months. Ashley told us to re-select a sofa ser because they could not re-order the sofa again that we origianally picked. We selected a pleather sofa, and again, I kid you not, the sofa seat in the middle began to bunch up. We had the sofa technician out to verify this problem again, and e again stated this was due to poor construction! I think after a consumer goes through 4 bad sofas in 6 months, they should be willing to refund my money. I am so sick of this company, they stay in business by following unethical business practices and selling poorly made furniture while refusing to refund any money.

Their customer service is horrible, their managers do not care, once they have your money then their concern for you is over. This company is a large company, but yet they are not members of the BBB..that should say something. Please, somebody shut this fradulent company down.

TONEY, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Furniture/Huntsville-Alabama-35816/Ashley-Furniture-Poor-Quailty-Poor-Customer-Service-Huntsville-Alabama-425010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Furniture