Complaint Review: Ashley Reese

• Updated: Thu, November 21, 2013

• Reported By: Truthseeker — Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
Ashley Reese
13965 Sound Overlook Dr. S Jacksonville, Florida USA

Ashley Reese WOW for Wrecked our World Jacksonville, Atlantic Beach to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

Warning, Warning, Warning...First, I will admit I made a mistake by trying to help someone I did not know against all my friends and family's advice. Do not pay anyone upfront, even if you think they are honest, dependable, and do good work.  Especially if you feel compassion for the problems they tell you about.  You are showing compassion by giving them a job which you intend to pay for upon completion.  I repeat, upon completion.

Second, Ashley's first impression is outstandingly impressive.  I was totally sold.  She has the walk, the talk, and the outward look of a reputable business person who does furniture painting professionally. She mixes enough of the truth with her untruths and knows how to manipulate with astounding stories of having 20 strokes herself by 35 years old, a sick son who needs help or will go deaf immediately, a mother she had to take care of her whole life, the sudden death of an uncle forcing her out of town, dying father who tried to commit suicide but left a note blaming her, and giving her the final decision to pull the plug on him, a pastor who won't help her plight other than to give her gift certificates and tell her God will forgive her if she becomes a stripper for money, customers who want sexual services instead of painting, and this is all in one week!!

Third, my report is this:  Ashley Reese gave me a price of 1200.00 to paint my kitchen cabinets and I gave her a down payment of 403.50 in August 2013  actually believing she intended to do the work and would do it well. After stupidly believing her desperate need for money upfront to help her son, and listening to the stories mentioned above, I not only paid her the balance of the cabinets but also additional money for other items I thought she could paint so she could have more funds to get her son the immediate medical help he needed for a total of $1721.25 by September 2013!! She still has my money although she has informed me "she will not be able to do any work for me or anyone" in a text from her phone (because she cannot speak due to the strokes) October 2013 and will return my money when she returns from the trip she took to her dying father's bedside. It is now nearing the end of November 2013and no money has been returned.

Finally, the way I know about her lies are because during the time she supposed could not speak, she left a voicemail message on a friends phone which I now have.  While she was supposedly at her fathers bedside her boyfriend told me she was preparing for a weekend show to sell furniture, and I have video of her at that show the next day standing and speaking at her booth selling her goods.

You are now warned.  I wish someone warned me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2013 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashley-Reese/Jacksonville-Florida-32224/Ashley-Reese-WOW-for-Wrecked-our-World-Jacksonville-Atlantic-Beach-to-Ponte-Vedra-Beach-1101167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashley Reese